Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-14-2014, 03:41 PM   #1
Jamamkaase
Jamamkaase began at the beginning.

Device: pc
ISBN from Book Title

Hi,

can be banal, but I cannot figure it out and I could not find it really covered in old posts

ISBN is in titles of already imported into the library books (not in a file name)
ISBN, 10 or 13 digits, is contained within the title text string (not just isbn no., and not at the beginning, not following a specific pattern, but often (again, not only) after "ISBN")

e.g.
Author - Title of the Book - 0123456789
Book title, Autor, edition, year, isbn 0123456789
(0123456789) BookTitle
BookTitle, ISBN-0123456789, some@rubbish
or any similar combination

I am trying to use Search and Replace in Bulk editing, using Regular expressions, by trial and error method, mostly error... with no success
However, I did partially succeed some time ago, but have changed pc since and naturally lost the old config (recoverable, if only knew where to look for this specific setting)

I do not need to add that I have no clue, and cannot grasp, Regular Expressions. Sheer luck is not with me this time

Any help, please? What is the magic string?
Jamamkaase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:10 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Jamamkaase - maybe this [GUI Plugin] Extract ISBN ( click) does what you want to do.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #3
Jamamkaase
Jamamkaase began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Extract ISBN is great, but for some reason it does not do the obvious - i.e. extracting ISBN from the _file_name_
Jamamkaase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamamkaase View Post
Extract ISBN is great, but for some reason it does not do the obvious - i.e. extracting ISBN from the _file_name_
The normal Adding Books Xpath (when reading metadata from file name) can do that.

The file name can/will be modified during the ADD process

This PI is for getting ISBN from inside a book
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 02:37 PM   #5
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Jamamkaase,

Your problem is a trivial one to solve if use use the Quarantine And Scrub add-on/plug-in. Book Level Scrubbing will extract a valid ISBN (must have a valid checkdigit) from Author, Title, and Tags and relocate it to the ISBN column.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #6
gabigabigabi
gabigabigabi began at the beginning.

Hi there! Don't know if my trick is going to help, but I've added in the file name the title and the ISBN.
For example, White Fang-0123456789.pdf
Then, in the automated adding function, i've written the following expression:
(?P<title>.+)-(?P<isbn>\d+)

And the title and the ISBN goes each one in the appropriate column.

Hote that helps (and sorry for my bad english ;-) )

Cheers
gabigabigabi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
isbn, regex, regular expressions, search and replace