Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
BrokenTusk
BrokenTusk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
$0.99 (Lyth: Hymn of the Flesh) A dark fantasy novel

So I seem a bit more human let me introduce myself.

Harrison Roberts (That would be me. Hey.), a native of Charlotte North Carolina, moved to San Francisco CA four years ago with only a backpack and a few sets of clothing. At the age of 22 he was almost on the streets due to financial issues and a failing relationship. Working odd jobs and spending most of his free time reading fantasy novels, losing himself in role playing games such as magic and war machine, Harrison became obsessed with his idea of what fantasy was. When asked if he was a advocate for the fantasy genre, Harrison often would say that he was interested in the possibility of what it could become. The cold isolation of living in a big city and daily struggle to provide for himself fueled his escapism until it began to take shape. Demons, legends of early man, lost wisdom of a dark tongue twisted together in his thoughts and dreams taking on the form of Lyth. A violent world of old gods, war and the rending of souls from the human heart. For two years Harrison spent most of his time writing down the tales of the creatures he had spawned in his subconscious, forming what later became known as Broken Tusk, the platform from which he would launch his visions of steel and flesh. Today Broken Tusk is a group of individuals bringing fantasy to the dark corners of early myth and exploring the uncharted realms of forgotten lore. Lyth: Hymn of the Flesh is the first of five book to be released, with the second planned to be published later 2012. Today Harrison Lives comfortable in San Francisco, working as a retail manager during the day and writer in his free time. Considered to still be a young writer at the age of 25, Harrison has made the first step in a long journey to bring the fantasy genre into the shadows to seek out the abominations that lurk in the darkness.

Thus Lyth is born... Why is my 88,000 word novel that took me two years write $0.99?

Most buyers on amazon would see this as a red flag. That the book has little merit, a weak story or just poor writing. I have debated the pricing of Lyth for months with myself until I came to terms with why I started writing it in the first place. I love to write. I love to imagine bloodied battles fields crawling with strange creatures, forgotten legends of early man and the terror that looms within the unknown. Lyth isn't about making money or become famous; Lyth is my take on Fantasy. I want to share my story with whoever wants to read it, regardless of if they can afford it. $0.99 cents is not a warning but a invitation.

Check it out... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007MHCP9I/...l_63a2t0xbiu_b
BrokenTusk is offline   Reply With Quote