Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-13-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Register for CES 2010: Free before 10/01/2009

http://registration.experient-inc.co...1/Default.aspx

If you register for CES before Oct. 1 it's free. I always tell folks to register even if not going because you get on a bunch of mailing lists which provide lots of useless junk mail BUT there are still a lot of good things you get too...

I mentioned this in another thread but if you can get to events like CES...DO IT!! But play for at least two whole days and take your time because there is always a ton of interesting junk to see and fiddle with.

If you can also see about getting a higher level badge and you often get "better" perks from exhibitors if you are a press level or even better, a potential retail outlet...trust me it is worth it even if you pay the freight as a retailer/commercial badge. The parties alone if you are creative and can BS enough, just remember the folks there are there to setup a large part of their annual sales so go a bit easy on them if the booth is swamped...they are limited as to how many folks they can help at once.

But just go if ya can...

EDIT: oops!! seems they don't seem to have reseller/commercial badges like we had for Comdex...d'oh!!

Last edited by brecklundin; 09-14-2009 at 06:45 PM. Reason: date error... :D
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #2
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Hmm, I don't see how I'm going to qualify for a press pass.
Dylrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Hmm, I don't see how I'm going to qualify for a press pass.
ok and?
Old 09-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #4
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
ok and?
Or any other pass. So unless I've missed something, I don't see how I would be able to get myself in this way. Then again I really don't have any experience in these matters.
Dylrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
brecklundin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Or any other pass. So unless I've missed something, I don't see how I would be able to get myself in this way. Then again I really don't have any experience in these matters.
Ahh...I get it, just sign up for the "visitor" pass or whatever they call it. You need no credentials or anything for that badge...

My comment about a press/analyst type pass was intended to me if you can find a way to make that work, go for it! A press level pass gets you into a lot more things and often exhibitors will spend more time and show more stuff to people wearing a press/analyst badge. Though it is not that there is not already enough to keep a person busy for a week or more!

BTW, the exhibitors do pay attention to the type of badge a person is wearing...to the point some will lean in to read more details in order to decide if a person is worth the effort...a bad idea in my opinion but then again their time is limited and a whole show has to be just exhausting so I never could blame them for it...I always made sure to tell them up front my company was small and what not, so they did not try too hard.

While exhibitors are looking to sell pallets of devices not a single reader or device, most of the time exhibitors will run a "show only special" to get the product in as many early adopter hands as possible...so ask if you see a device you like.

I know CES is actually shrinking and might have read somewhere this is the final year of CES? I would need to look around for that rumor (or "fact" )
Old 09-14-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
brecklundin
Banned

I think I remember...It is not that this is the final CES but rather either Apple was not going to CES this year or it would be their final time to the show. I believe MS has also bailed on CES as well.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #7
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
http://registration.experient-inc.co...1/Default.aspx

If you register for CES before Aug. 1 it's free.
Do you mean October 1?
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #8
brecklundin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Do you mean October 1?
d'oh!!
Old 09-14-2009, 10:32 PM   #9
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Attendance Requirements
The International CES is not open to the general public and all attendees must be in the consumer electronics industry to be eligible to attend the show. Due to the investment made by our exhibitors, International CES Show Management wants to ensure that its attendees are members of the trade. All attendees must provide two forms of ID: one photo ID and the other proving their affiliation with the consumer electronics industry (pay stub, business card, etc.) Attendees will not be admitted into the 2010 International CES without these two forms of ID.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:11 AM   #10
brecklundin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Attendance Requirements
The International CES is not open to the general public and all attendees must be in the consumer electronics industry to be eligible to attend the show. Due to the investment made by our exhibitors, International CES Show Management wants to ensure that its attendees are members of the trade. All attendees must provide two forms of ID: one photo ID and the other proving their affiliation with the consumer electronics industry (pay stub, business card, etc.) Attendees will not be admitted into the 2010 International CES without these two forms of ID.
so you are a systems design consultant....how hard was that? And with a few bucks you can print your own business card...it's not like ANY of these things are difficult to get into...