Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #1
crimedoc
crimedoc began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
Question Calibre Error message - won't launch

HELP! I just tried to open Calibre and I get an error message.

Python function terminated unexpectedly. 'WindowsExclFile' object has no attribute' _handle' (Error Code: 1)

Calibre was working just fine yesterday! What do I do?

(You can maybe tell I'm panicking a bit here)
crimedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
As Kovid has said elsewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Try uninstalling calibre, deleting c:\program files\calibre2 and then re-installing. This will not affect your books/settings.
Try searching the forum for a given message / string; it's suprising what can be found.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #3
crimedoc

Thanks! Sorry, I'm very new to the forum and don't really know how it works (and am in serious panic mode right now, thinking I'd done something irreversible). If I delete and reinstall Calibre, will I have to load all my books into it again?
Old 03-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
crimedoc

THANK YOU!!! I uninstalled and reinstalled and it immediately opened up with all my books. Whew! I don't know what I would do without Calibre. Thank you so much for helping so quickly.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
So glad it helped
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote