Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #1636
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Jim Butcher Q&A, Comic-Con 2008

Jim Butcher speaks and answers questions during his panel at the San Diego Comic Con 2008.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #1637
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
Good girls go to Heaven. Bad girls go everywhere. Imelda Marcos had a pillow with that embroidered on it.
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #1638
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybody View Post
Good girls go to Heaven. Bad girls go everywhere. Imelda Marcos had a pillow with that embroidered on it.
“When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better. ” ―Mae West
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #1639
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Why does he refer to Ghost Story as Ghost Tale. That makes the whole article wrong. I don't believe a word it is saying.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #1640
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Why does he refer to Ghost Story as Ghost Tale. That makes the whole article wrong. I don't believe a word it is saying.
I was bugged by the Ragnarök reference.

Spoiler:
Odin is supposed to die in Ragnarök , which obviously didn't happen because he's Santa Claus, who was quite well at the end of Cold Days.

So there.

(And yes, file that spoilered text away in "Things that make not a damn bit of sense out of context." Also may be filed in "Things that Jim Butcher caused to make sense somehow.")
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #1641
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I hate to post after myself, but it's not my fault everyone is quiet. That post was yesterday, so I don't see this as a double post. In case anyone cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
...I decided to dive into one that's been on my "Next Reads" list FOREVAH - Already Dead by Charlie Huston, first of the Joe Pitt Casebooks. And then I find that Huston doesn't like the usual writing conventions, like properly formatted dialog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Yeesh! Both the missing cable and the annoying format sucks!! Hopefully the story is compelling enough to allow you to continue resting in bed, and enjoy your reading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've seen that and gave up before starting. I wasn't going to try something that would be knowingly annoying.
Update - Actually, the story did suck me in enough that the formatting no longer bothers me. So it was well worth the initial annoyance. Haven't finished the book yet, but so far I'm willing to state that for me, Joe Pitt makes a sufficient fill-in when there's no new Harry available.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #1642
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool posting after oneself

Quote:
I hate to post after myself, but it's not my fault everyone is quiet. That post was yesterday, so I don't see this as a double post. In case anyone cares.

Update - Actually, the story did suck me in enough that the formatting no longer bothers me. So it was well worth the initial annoyance. Haven't finished the book yet, but so far I'm willing to state that for me, Joe Pitt makes a sufficient fill-in when there's no new Harry available.
Take it from an expert at posting after myself, nobody cares! Or at least nobody complains.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #1643
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Take it from an expert at posting after myself, nobody cares! Or at least nobody complains.

It's funny - it doesn't bother me too much when other people do it (except when it's like 8 posts in a row because they haven't mastered multi-quote) but I'm always conscientious about doing it myself.

But then, I do tend to worry too much.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #1644
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool different strokes

Quote:
It's funny - it doesn't bother me too much when other people do it (except when it's like 8 posts in a row because they haven't mastered multi-quote) but I'm always conscientious about doing it myself.

Well, I think some folks probably think it rude not to reply to each post individually. Others get excited to reply and don't continue reading the rest of the available new posts but just compose and post their reply right then. Sometimes it is the last post that you're replying to and someone else has posted while you're composing and posting your reply. Also I should add that my comment "...nobody cares! Or at least nobody complains" concerns this thread particularly, and is maybe not true when posting in other threads.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #1645
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

There is a problem with multi-replies. It spoils hybrid and threaded display modes for those that use them. So in the interest of others, I don't multi-reply.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #1646
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There is a problem with multi-replies. It spoils hybrid and threaded display modes for those that use them. So in the interest of others, I don't multi-reply.
Those that choose such unconventional methods should just be aware of it. If I had to worry if I can simply hit a quick reply (when nothing needs quoted) or quote a former post anyway, and delete the quote, that would be confusing.

And I mix and match, sometimes I reply, sometimes just post.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #1647
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Those that choose such unconventional methods should just be aware of it. If I had to worry if I can simply hit a quick reply (when nothing needs quoted) or quote a former post anyway, and delete the quote, that would be confusing.

And I mix and match, sometimes I reply, sometimes just post.
It may be unconventional, but it is a feature of the forum. And as such, I am not going to break it.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #1648
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Quote:
really, then you read standing up?

ok, i'll buy faux latin as an alternate to to pigeon latin..but is 'flickum bicus' a phrase a term or something else entirely?
Named after the slogan for bic lighters "Flick your bic"
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #1649
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool CORRECT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoul View Post
Named after the slogan for bic lighters "Flick your bic"
CORRECT!! Say the secret woid' and divide $100 (in monopoly money)!

Wow, that's an old post! Are you reading the enire thread?

WELCOME!

Old 02-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #1650
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
CORRECT!! Say the secret woid' and divide $100 (in monopoly money)!

Wow, that's an old post! Are you reading the enire thread?

WELCOME!

Why not read the thread? It is good entertainment between Harry books. I still need to catch up on page 26-80 - I skipped that part. But only after I finished Cold Days will I try to catch up

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy