Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #226
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Tried to install, but google says no file found...
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:26 AM   #227
Rinoceros
Rinoceros began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and T2
You can find it here
Rinoceros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:19 AM   #228
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoceros View Post
You can find it here
Thank you very much !
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:57 AM   #229
TonyGamble
Groupie
TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Just installed the new Home screen for a try.

Can I choose my own categories for my books, or is this not what the software is intended to do.

I could then put those categories into collections, I assume.

Tony
TonyGamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:02 PM   #230
dip166
dip166 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle PW2
Thank you so much for this new homescreen!! Just installed it and works great \(^o^)/
We are finally able search for more than 3 currently reading books!

Actually I find the original homescreen/ menu a real drag as it isn't very flexible, or not at all, and instead of browsing I find myself mostly jumping to books I already know in advance I want to read...

Don't know until how far you can customize it, or if you're still working on it, but these features are highly missed:
* ability to add a book synopsis; seriously, why in the world do we have to open the book (it automatically goes into the "currently reading" pile too) in order to recall what it is about and if we want to read it at that specific time? Isn't this a basic feature or am I looking for it at the wrong place?

*ability to mark a book as "read" in order to differentiate between "currently reading" and fully "read". Sometimes we re-read the same book several times, but it's still "read", right?

*on that note, ability to mark a book as "currently reading"; like before, opening a book doesn't mean we are actually reading it, does it?
It would be outrageous if there was like a percentage bar or page numbers, like 76% read or 36/566 pages read or something like that.

*OK, this one is probably downright impossible and I understand this isn't calibre, but like the poster above mentioned, it would be awesome to be able to differentiate between collections, categories and tags, not to mention series and anthologies... I know it isn't impossible to do with collections alone, but it's really limiting and I don't really understand why...

Maybe all of these are impossible anyway, but still thank you again for the homescreen! It's already a lifesaver!!
Sorry for the long post.
dip166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:27 AM   #231
Mterry
Enthusiast
Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS T1; Kindle T3G
Does it work also for PRS T1 fw 1.0.05.11130?
Thanks
Mterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:10 PM   #232
nikoski
Zealot
nikoski began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by knireis View Post
I get following error when starting the app:

Database [/mnt/sdcard/Sony_Reader/database/books.db] failed to open....
I get the same error, but only when i set eBookLauncher as "default" and restart the device.

Deleting "books.db", uninstalling/re-installing eBookLauncher does not help.

When i clear the data of the eBookLauncher under the settings it shows the books again and there is no error ... but only until i set it as default again.

Then again, after restart, i get the same error.

Now, when i "clear defaults" for eBookLaunccher, restart the device and choose eBookLauncher it reads the db again and shows the books.

So the issue and error seems to be dependant on setting the eBookLauncher as default.

Any suggestions how to solve it?

Last edited by nikoski; 04-05-2014 at 03:25 PM.
nikoski is offline   Reply With Quote