Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-04-2012, 05:36 AM   #31
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
THe i62M is not exactly what we offer.

The difference is i62M in the review has no audio on board, while the i62HD has. i62M is equipped with 8GB flash memory and i62HD has got 4GB.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:53 AM   #32
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Other review: http://translate.google.com/translat...2m-review.html

Discussed some errors in the readers, as CoolReader and FBReader.

For writing will need a stylus that does not include the i62 ..??

Regards.
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #33
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
THe i62M is not exactly what we offer.

The difference is i62M in the review has no audio on board, while the i62HD has. i62M is equipped with 8GB flash memory and i62HD has got 4GB.
Thanks for the info.

Very good ereader, I´m thinking purchase it.

One question please:

Have you noticed much improvement with the HD screen?

Last edited by ersott; 06-04-2012 at 06:29 AM.
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #34
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
For me, it's looking like either this or the Wexler Flex ONE will be my next eReader. Both are 1024x768. This has the advantages of touchscreen and side page-turn buttons. The Flex ONE has the advantages of less than half the weight and a more durable screen.
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #35
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Booxtor fyi-

Quote:
What comes in the box:

1x Onyx Boox M92 Ebook Reader
1x i62HD Reader Cover
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #36
JoelH
Enthusiast
JoelH began at the beginning.

Device: none
Instapaper Pocket and offlinereading?!

I like this reader allot!
But what i dońt understand is why no reader has the funktion/app
to use instapaper or Pocket?!
http://www.instapaper.com
http://getpocket.com/
http://www.instafetch.com/ this one even works on rooted nook touch!

This is the only funktion that makes me think about
a rooted sony or nook instead...

Is it possible you think to get this function on the ONYX BOOX i62HD ?

The site says:
" The possibility of reprogramming
i62M allows users to write their own software for the device through the existing SDK."
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...mXlhG_ioOJkuwQ

Is this just a dream for now you think?

Tag articles on internet and then read offline...

J
JoelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #37
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Booxtor fyi-
Thanks!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #38
JoelH
Enthusiast
JoelH began at the beginning.

Device: none
More about the: Onyx boox i61HD

Booxtor

Could you send links to more info on the i61HD e-reader ?
Video?

Do you know anything about the app development on these e-readers.
Is there a appstore? Can i contact developers?

Can you use DropBox on them?

I would love to have Instapaper or Pocket on it.

J
JoelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #39
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelH View Post
Booxtor

Could you send links to more info on the i61HD e-reader ?
Video?

Do you know anything about the app development on these e-readers.
Is there a appstore? Can i contact developers?

Can you use DropBox on them?

I would love to have Instapaper or Pocket on it.

J
Hi,
the i62HD is quite new on the market. My sample here is a little bit different than the retailed product. I am going to publish a video review in a couple of days.

There are also a lot of reviews in Russian (f.e. http://translate.google.de/translate...iew%2F&act=url) since they started to sell them some weeks ago.

If you want to contact developers of Onyx International directly, the best way is to do it over the github https://github.com/onyx-intl

Last edited by Booxtor; 06-12-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:43 AM   #40
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Hello, does anyone know if this i62 HD support highlight or underline on djvu files?
And only with hidden ocr text or always? (I know okular can do it only where is hidden txt)

thank you very much
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #41
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

To Booxtor:

I received the i62 and personalizing screemsavers, I need the firmware zip.
The version that brings the factory is 1.7 (20120423)

What little I've tried I like the i62. To highlight the management of the pdf

regards
Old 06-19-2012, 01:15 AM   #42
fraylocus
Groupie

Review of the i62 in Spanish with many photographs: http://traductor.elmundo.es/Pages/Ur...lternates=True

I agree with the assessment. The i62 is like the M92, but small.
Faster and more enjoyable to drive with your fingers with your touch screen.

regards
Old 06-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #43
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
What I found interesting is that the Spanish review said it weighed 238 grams while the e-book reader store says 250 grams. Weight is an important factor for me so if someone who buys it could weight it later on that would be great.

Also the Boox page has a reader by the name of Onyx Boox I62 https://www.onyx-boox.com/onyx-boox-i62 is this the same reader but with a different screen..?
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #44
fraylocus
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
What I found interesting is that the Spanish review said it weighed 238 grams while the e-book reader store says 250 grams. Weight is an important factor for me so if someone who buys it could weight it later on that would be great.

Also the Boox page has a reader by the name of Onyx Boox I62 https://www.onyx-boox.com/onyx-boox-i62 is this the same reader but with a different screen..?
The model of speaking is sold in the shop Booxtor. The 238 grams contained in the features screen printed on the box. The reality is 250 grams. About 350 grams with the case officer, compared to 300 grams of the Sony PRS-T1 with a case officer.

Regarding the firmware, there is the same problem with the M92 CoolReader and changing external sources installed in the folder "fonts" in the internal memory.
There are problems with the notes in the pdf and something more.

The rest works fine.

It is important to see a cut comparative photos of the T1 and i62:
http://traductor.elmundo.es/Pages/Ur...lternates=True

regards
Old 06-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #45
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Are you able to set partial page refresh on it like the Nook or Kobo Touch?
owly is offline   Reply With Quote