Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-08-2014, 09:09 AM   #2776
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I didn't even notice the subtitles the first time I watched it.
How could you tell what was being said on the phone then? It was too quiet for me to hear.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:14 AM   #2777
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I do so much reading, maybe I was reading them on autopilot without being aware. In the past, I've actually driven from point A to point B in a car without being aware of how I did it or any memory of the events on the way. Where are the Spanish subtitles you're seeing? Is that a regional thing? I wouldn't think that would affect you as your location says "UK", but still....
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #2778
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I do so much reading, maybe I was reading them on autopilot without being aware. In the past, I've actually driven from point A to point B in a car without being aware of how I did it or any memory of the events on the way. Where are the Spanish subtitles you're seeing? Is that a regional thing? I wouldn't think that would affect you as your location says "UK", but still....
They come out in large white text on a black background at the bottom of the vid, and completely cover the English subtitles most of the time. So I couldn't follow what was going on at all. Can't imagine how I'm seeing them and you are not.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:55 AM   #2779
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I also saw subtitles but then I went and turned Closed Captioning off at the bottom of the YouTube screen.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:04 AM   #2780
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I also saw subtitles but then I went and turned Closed Captioning off at the bottom of the YouTube screen.
And I see them when I turn it on.

Thanks for that explanation.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #2781
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
This starts again in three days... Then for the next five days all of Thailand will be involved in a massive free-for-all water fight! It's the 'Songkrand' (Thai New Years) Festival! Five days of outdoor party!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #2782
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Quote:
And I see them when I turn it on.

Thanks for that explanation.
Indeed, thanks. Didn't know you could do that. Now off to watch it again .

EDIT: Very funny, and kind of heart-warming as well - the teacher took it really well.

Last edited by orlok; 04-08-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:46 PM   #2783
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
This starts again in three days... Then for the next five days all of Thailand will be involved in a massive free-for-all water fight! It's the 'Songkrand' (Thai New Years) Festival! Five days of outdoor party!

[YOUTUBE]

Stitchawl
It's time for more water fights? I thought they just did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Indeed, thanks. Didn't know you could do that. Now off to watch it again .

EDIT: Very funny, and kind of heart-warming as well - the teacher took it really well.
I thought the teacher's policy was a bit intrusive. No cell phones, or cell phones must be off is one thing, but all cell phones must be on speaker phone? That reminds me of the control-freak elementary school teacher I had who would always ask "Why?" whenever a student asked to go to the bathroom. If anyone had ever told her, she'd probably have sent them to see the Principal.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #2784
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I saw the cell phone prank last night. It's a good thing the professor had a sense of humor -- I assume they'd need his permission to post that on Youtube.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #2785
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Old 04-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #2786
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Something for library week, which is next week, actually.

covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:03 AM   #2787
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 04-20-2014, 12:46 AM   #2788
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
My most recent favorite...enjoy

Last edited by gabby98; 04-20-2014 at 12:49 AM.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:14 PM   #2789
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Old 05-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #2790
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Our old pit bull loved cats. One neighborhood cat would actually jump the fence to be with him.

Tags
cats, kindle, tax, vincent price