Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-27-2015, 05:46 AM   #1
Stravouguine
Stravouguine began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Kindle Keyboard 3G screen and colours problem

Hello

After charging my Kindle, I lost all grays from my colour pallete.
Fortunately I can still read, because the font is in black, although I find the turning of pages a little more sluggish and with more "phantom effect".
You can see what the problem is by clicking on these images I found online that ilustrate my issue:

http://i.imgur.com/K8UtKWy.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320...0/543/wtjm.jpg

After searching the web for solutions I decided to enter the diagnostic menu (by creating the file ENABLE_DIAGS) to acertain the exact problem.
I found out that my Panel ID is not initializing thus creating the error "Error:Waveform not correct for this panel"

This is the exact Diagnostic menu message:

"Panel ID is ????_???_60 60 60 60 60 60 60 60 6
Waveform ID is v110_000_60_m01.
Error:Waveform not correct for this panel"

I never messed or altered my Kindle in any way, and apparentely this situation happens when you change a faulty screen, which is not my case at all my screen always worked fine.
I never let my battery completely run out. I already restarted my Kindle several times in the last day, connected to power source and disconnected from power source (we try everything).

Made a Factory reset just now, and that also did not work.

Do you have any suggestions?

PS. This is the log of the failed test from diagnostic menu:

Failed: Panel ID Verification (V110_000_60_M01 != ????_???_60

97_M01
M03
M04
M06
M0B
M0C
M12
M13
M14
M23
M24
M3D
MA1
MA2

M01
M01
M0D
M05
M0E
M0F
M10
M15
M16
M17
M20
M21
M22)

EINK Panel ID: uninitialized

PPS. I already placed a post in here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=218927

But got no no response, everybody is on holidays...August...

Thank you in advance
Stravouguine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:54 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the dev forum, where such posts belong.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2015, 08:01 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
duplicate post, see:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=93
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:12 AM   #4
Stravouguine

Yes i posted it before, and even put the link of where I posted it.
Just trying to get some kind of answer.
In the case of that thread it was the "Waveform not correct for this panel" in my particular case is the panel ID that disappeared.
The proposed solution does not work in my case (I think).
I am sure is not very different but it is not the same
Thank you
Old 08-27-2015, 09:17 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I strongly suspect that your screen controller is faulty.
Advert
Old 08-27-2015, 09:25 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I strongly suspect that your screen controller is faulty.
That (the linked-to images) looks just like a couple of my K3 devices, all with a bad controller.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:50 AM   #7
Stravouguine

Seems like a good guess, is there any solution?
Some software reset to previous (good) values or some sort of change to the kindle files, like flashing them with the values for the panel ID?
When restarting the initial kindle image looks perfect and everytime the screensaver is activated or any image for that matter the images look perfect for less than a second and then revert to the bad display?!?
I think I can live with this loss of quality, since my books hardly have pictures but is annoying, and I am affraid that this condition keeps getting worse.
I really enjoy my K3...
Thank you
Old 08-27-2015, 09:51 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stravouguine View Post
Seems like a good guess, is there any solution?
Only to replace the screen, I'm afraid. It's a hardware fault.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:03 AM   #9
Stravouguine

It was my guess as well
It was a good run, more than 4 years of really intense use...
Gonna start thinking of buying a new one... Or a faulty one and fix with the parts myself...
Kindle voyage sounds pretty good... Or the basic Kindle, on the other end of the spectre, with no front light (which is a great scare for me, uneven light(or yellow or greenish or whatever, and the inability to completely turn off the light) maybe is just me, I am too set in my way with the K3
But more than 200 us dollars (in my case euros)
Thank you very much for your support
Old 08-27-2015, 10:09 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stravouguine View Post
It was my guess as well
It was a good run, more than 4 years of really intense use...
Gonna start thinking of buying a new one... Or a faulty one and fix with the parts myself...
Kindle voyage sounds pretty good... Or the basic Kindle, on the other end of the spectre, with no front light (which is a great scare for me, uneven light(or yellow or greenish or whatever, and the inability to completely turn off the light) maybe is just me, I am too set in my way with the K3
But more than 200 us dollars (in my case euros)
Thank you very much for your support
The current, "Basic Kindle", known here as a KT2.
(Even though it is a hardware update of the K4, since we can't name it the K42 for obvious reasons.)

Nice device for its price.

Uses the same IR scanner, touch screen as the original K5.
There where a few complaints about the t.s. on the K5, but very few (not even Amazon can please everybody).
Old 08-27-2015, 10:20 AM   #11
Stravouguine

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The current, "Basic Kindle", known here as a KT2.
(Even though it is a hardware update of the K4, since we can't name it the K42 for obvious reasons.)

Nice device for its price.

Uses the same IR scanner, touch screen as the original K5.
There where a few complaints about the t.s. on the K5, but very few (not even Amazon can please everybody).
That is what I am thinking.
Bu I must confess the appeal of a true technological update and to (apparentely) a top of line device with Voyage, really makes one wonder...
Is gonna be food for thought in my mind for some time.
And this forum is gonna be a large part of the decision process.
Thank you once again for all your help
Old 08-27-2015, 10:43 AM   #12
knc1
Going Viral

The new model PW-3 (mid-point price) uses the same touch screen and e-ink panel as the Voyage.