Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 09:38 PM   #1
Prince Hal
Zealot
Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Player 4.2; Nexus 3 (wifi only); Nook HD+ (possibly)
Cut and Paste from books in Nook

I asked this question a while ago, but was wondering if any software upgrades now gave this feature:

The ability to highlight a passage in a Nokk book and for it to be taken to a file that can then be transferred to a PC for putting into a word processor such as Word. Kindle does it to a my "clippings" file. Any luck with the updated Nook?

Mant thanks,

Hal.
Prince Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Not that I'm aware of. B&N hasn't built in "syncing" features to teh desktop yet. NOt sure if it is coming, but they are promoting syncing on the iPhone app, so maybe they are working on it.

Right now, for notetaking and highlighting, the Kindle is hands-down the best device/ecosystem. I think the Sony Touch also allows you to see highlights on the desktop (although I loathe the Mac Sony desktop). I'm not sure if the Wacom devices (Bebook Neo, Onyx Boox) also offer desktop viewing of notes.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert