Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-21-2015, 10:06 PM   #1
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Add Series to Title in CalibreDB?

I use "CALIBREDB EXPORT" to export ebooks to a single folder to side load to my Kindle using this template to format the file names

--template ""{authors}-{series}{series_index:0>2s|(|)-}{title}""

Is there any way to format the {title} to have something like this?

{series}{series_index:0>2s|(|)-}{title}

That way a series of books would be in 'reading' order

The Kindle Touch collections is all manual and I basically gave up trying to use it so I found (for me at least) a series+title was easier to navigate

Thanks
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:37 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I would say use a plugboard (Preferences ==> Metadata Plugboards) but I am not sure how to do that via the calibredb command. It is possible it will make use of the plugboards you have configured in the GUI.

EDIT: Confirmed -- as I thought, "calibredb export" will use the plugboard you have configured in the GUI.

Last edited by eschwartz; 01-23-2015 at 01:45 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2015, 08:33 AM   #3
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks

Something new to (try and) learn.

I never had a reason to use plugboards before
Old 01-24-2015, 09:43 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
They are seriously useful.

There is a thread full of helpful tips watched over by the template gurus, here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=100949

You can ask there if you have any template questions.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:19 AM   #5
phossler
Wizard

1. Yes, the more I read about them the more I see how I can use them

2. Thanks, I never thought to look in Library Management (my bad)

3. Will do

Thanks for the pointers
Advert