Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-11-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
Cyclops
Only need one eye to read
Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C, Sony PRS-300, Nintendo DSi XL,
Kindle drowned in movie

I watched an OK film the other day, Date Night, a comdey with Steve Carell (sp), and in one scene theyre trying to access some incriminating data on a flash drive. Carrel is in a cab and he asks the driver if he has a smart phone or laptop. The driver shrugs and says " got a Kindle!" and opens the glovebox.
Carrel puts the flash drive in the kindle, cancelling the soppy book the driver was reading, and the pics are there in a flash! Unfortunately the car ended up in the drink, evidence, and Kindle, gone for good!
The only thing is, and I couldnt help myself here, is flash drives have the large male USB connector and I'd imagine the kindle, like my sony reader and a smartphone, has the small micro USB socket, so technically thats that scene out the window
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:00 PM   #2
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Does the K1 or one of the Kindle DX models have a flash drive? I know the K2 and the K3 don't. Maybe the driver had a Sony reader.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
geniodiabolico
geniodiabolico began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I thought the same thing when I watched the movie a few weeks ago. Even if Kindle took regular sized USB connections, the device would have the wrong connection for plugging in a flash drive. Plus, the UI isn't quite as convenient as "Hey, I plugged in a flash drive. Here's everything on that drive, displayed in like 3 seconds."

However, I did laugh my ass off at the line "Don't judge me for this, but what's a flash drive?"
geniodiabolico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:25 PM   #4
Cyclops
Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniodiabolico View Post
I did laugh my ass off at the line "Don't judge me for this, but what's a flash drive?"
Yea that WAS funny!!
Old 09-11-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Does the K1 or one of the Kindle DX models have a flash drive? I know the K2 and the K3 don't. Maybe the driver had a Sony reader.
~Oh defo a Kindle
Old 09-11-2010, 03:02 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
my usb connection is the little tiny one like all the others.

The DX connection is the same.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #7
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
my usb connection is the little tiny one like all the others.

The DX connection is the same.
So there aint no way one of these
is gonna fit in one of these
Old 09-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
So there aint no way one of these
is gonna fit in one of these

No.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:09 PM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
More movie magic. lol.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #10
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Do not laugh. PocketBook 302 does have USB host port, so you can connect an USB "memory stick" to it and read a document from it.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Do not laugh. PocketBook 302 does have USB host port, so you can connect an USB "memory stick" to it and read a document from it.
what I was laughing at was the memory stick trying to fit in a Kindle port.

Which is what the op asked.

Now I gotta to watch the movie and see if it really was a Kindle they were using.......
Old 09-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #12
Cyclops

Quote:

Now I gotta to watch the movie and see if it really was a Kindle they were using.......
Well the guy clearly said 'I got a Kindle...' and it was white and Kindlesque.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:48 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Well the guy clearly said 'I got a Kindle...' and it was white and Kindlesque.
I believe you. There are knock offs out there tho that look like the K......still.........I'm voting for the "Magic of filmmaking"........
Old 09-11-2010, 06:04 PM   #14
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
what I was laughing at was the memory stick trying to fit in a Kindle port.

Which is what the op asked.

I just added it to my Netflix queue. I remember when Kindles were still really new I'd jump up and point at the screen (sometimes literally), OMG! It's a Kindle!

I don't do that any more... as much.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:59 PM   #15
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
I'm voting for the "Magic of filmmaking"........
Yup! It's just your basic Hollywood technical illiteracy in action.
Them's the same folks that brought down an alien starship by feeding it a Macintosh virus.

I'm sure if the movie had been filmed 6 months later the cabbie would have a top of the line iPad and the thumbdrive would've worked just as well.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote