Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 09-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Best cover/case for BeBook Mini?

I just received the BeBook Mini in the mail today and was saddened to see that it doesn't come with a cover as the BeBook One did. Has anyone come up with a DIY case for the Mini? Or is there a 3rd party making them yet?

Thanks!
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:04 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
It looks like the cover for the Pocket Pro will fit the BeBook Mini. I don't know if Astak sells the cover separately, though.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2009, 09:49 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
IIRC the BeBook folks said they'd be selling the cover on their site soon (the stock v5 cover, like the Astak comes with).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:10 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Stylz is now selling tri-fold covers for the BeBook Mini/Pocket Pro/v5...

http://www.stylzworld.com/shop/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
I wish you could get an Oberon Cover for the v5 but saddly you cant (i love those covers)
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2009, 03:46 AM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
I wish you could get an Oberon Cover for the v5 but saddly you cant (i love those covers)
Ohhh, those are awesome! Maybe if enough people complained with them that there is none of the v5?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:34 AM   #7
Jokoto
Jokoto began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook Mini
Are there any pictures of an open Stylz case for the Mini? I would guess they use the notches in the Mini for holding it, but how good is it? I've seen a picture of the "trifold" cover for the 6" model but there's no telling if those have a different fastening method or not.

I'm not sure if I want an extra part flapping on the front cover either. A simple, sturdy case is all I need, one that still fits in (nearly) any pocket the Mini alone can fit.
Jokoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:58 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Jinke sells a case as well. They picture the V3 on their site but say a V5 is available.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:55 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just received my Stylz cover this weekend. I must say, it looks awesome and feels even better. I especially like it because it's black... Now I need to start using it, as I like the look of used leather better...
Old 11-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #10
Storm27
Connoisseur
Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3S, android phone
How heavy is the stylz case? I'm inclining to a bebook mini, but it seems a waste to go for a very light reader if I'm goingto immediately double the weigh again with a case. And is it comfortable to hold the reader single handedly?
Storm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:30 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

I hardly notice the difference with or without cover. It's very light and comfortable to hold. You can fold the cover completely back without being afraid of breaking something, so you can still easily hold the device. And it's soft!
Old 11-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #12
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
I may have to break down and get one. They look good and if Sweetpea likes it then it must be worth it! I wonder how long it would take to ship to Canada.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #13
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Sweetpea, any chance you can take some real pictures and show them to us? I almost never trust the pictures of a site unless i see some real ones
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #14
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I just received my Stylz cover this weekend. I must say, it looks awesome and feels even better. I especially like it because it's black... Now I need to start using it, as I like the look of used leather better...
Sweetpea,

What reader are you using this cover for? Does it fit the JE100? I would love to have a different cover for mine that does have the Jointech embossing.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:00 AM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

It's for my Mini. The JE100 has its own cover, which I find functional but not really "exciting", so to say

I'll make some pictures tonight.