Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-24-2016, 08:23 AM   #16
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Seems to be sold-out here in Europe.
There are some youtube videos demonstrating cover-reader, mostly in Russian. I am not sure how many of those they sold.
You see ... it was brought to the market some 3 years ago.

Have a look at this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...44#post3412744
Oh the horror of the thing! One seems to need a smartphone to put it next to/make it work or whatever.

Who would wanna have a smart phone????
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:10 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
And the trouble we have with you, Jon, is that you always think everyone wants what you want. But don't worry, we like you nonethe less

Most people want a 6" screen and Pocketbook does have the Pocketbook Touch HD, which has a 300 ppi Carta screen.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the 6" Pocketbook Readers. It's the ones they sell that are larger than 6". They are using old Pearl screens which are not as nice as the Carta screens.

I have an H2O with Carta and I would not want to have to go back to Pearl (no matter the screen size).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2016, 01:46 PM   #18
Tikker
Zealot
Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy S7, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Seems to be sold-out here in Europe.

that's the weird part, I can't find a price tag, any old used for sale, or anyone whining about them on forums....

I'm not sure it made it past prototype stage

I'd really like to get my hands on one tho!
Tikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:26 AM   #19
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikker View Post
that's the weird part, I can't find a price tag, any old used for sale, or anyone whining about them on forums....

I'm not sure it made it past prototype stage

I'd really like to get my hands on one tho!
It is a similar story as with Wexler Flex One I was very excited about this one at the time, because it is flexible and thus much less susceptible to damage in your pocket.

At that time I was communicating with one of biggest specialized sellers of e-ink devices in my region and he told me that his [small] company even had a few production samples their hands for testing. And then, suddenly ... they disappeared from the market. And I was unable to persuade that nice guy from marketing department to tell me what happened.

Do you remember Onyx Inkphone 43?
Those were sold for about two weeks. After that it turned out the manufacturer used IMEI numbers that belonged to other manufacturers and phone models. So it did not work as a phone in some regions. And that was only a tip of the iceberg. The inkphone also had other hardware and software flaws. But it is possible to buy it second-hand. I did buy one from a distributor that did not dare to sell it to regular customers, and it is my favorite pocketable e-ink reader despite its shortcomings.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:57 PM   #20
Tikker
Zealot
Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy S7, Kobo Aura
yeah, I actually went thru that thread semi recently, hah

I'd actually really like a new yotaphone, with the proper canadian(north american?) LTE bands

seems like an almost ideal device for my needs
Tikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
ereader, searching, tags