Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-26-2014, 10:17 PM   #1
jakewoodblues
jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite
sort by date

This is kinda embarassing cuz I've been using Calibre for quite some time. Somehow, I changed display on the main interface to sort from date added to
sort by author. I want to change it back and I can't remember how to do it.

After you finish snickering, please tell me how to fix this

Thanks!
jakewoodblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:19 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Just click the header for the author column.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2014, 10:22 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You may also want to take a look at Preferences ==> Advanced ==> Tweaks
tweak -- Specify columns to sort the booklist by on startup

Quote:
ID: sort_columns_at_startup

Provide a set of columns to be sorted on when calibre starts
The argument is None if saved sort history is to be used
otherwise it is a list of column,order pairs. Column is the
lookup/search name, found using the tooltip for the column
Order is 0 for ascending, 1 for descending
For example, set it to [('authors',0),('title',0)] to sort by
title within authors.
I use:

Code:
sort_columns_at_startup = [('authors', 0), ('series', 0), ('title', 0)]
Old 08-26-2014, 10:24 PM   #4
jakewoodblues
jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jakewoodblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's sorted by author. I want to change it back to date entered. Clicking on authors isn't doing it.

Or am I being dense?
Old 08-26-2014, 10:31 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakewoodblues View Post
It's sorted by author. I want to change it back to date entered. Clicking on authors isn't doing it.

Or am I being dense?
Sort of

If you click Authors to sort on Authors

What do you click to sort on DATE?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2014, 10:32 PM   #6
jakewoodblues

Got it. The first answer was the right one. I just didn't see it cuz I had the screen set to cover display grid and didn't see the tabs. As usual, I've overthought it.

Last edited by jakewoodblues; 08-26-2014 at 10:38 PM. Reason: modify
Old 08-26-2014, 10:36 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Got it. Your first answer was the right one. I just didn't see it cuz I had the screen set to cover display grid and didn't see the tabs you were talking about.

Thanks!
In CVR grid: you right click and select Sort on: Date (gets a tick when active)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:53 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:

Or am I being dense?
I read your problem backwards, and told you how to sort by author.

Still, you get the general idea.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:12 PM   #9
jakewoodblues

Yeah, I got it now. I appreciate the info. The solution was too easy for me to figure out. That's my story and I'm sticking to it
Thanks again
Old 12-09-2016, 01:02 PM   #10
K8HW
Connoisseur
K8HW began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A03s, Galaxy Tab A, Kindle Paperwhite (10th Gen), Nexus 7
Question Sort option has disappeared with cover grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
In CVR grid: you right click and select Sort on: Date (gets a tick when active)
I have just upgraded to Calibre version 2.74 and have noticed that the option to sort while using the cover grid has disappeared from the menu.

~Dave
K8HW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 02:42 PM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@K8HW - I assume you mean the context menu.

There are two context menus (one for the library and one for the device), and whether your are in the book list or cover grid the context menus will be the same.

So, check the two context menus in Preferences->Toolbars. The Sort By feature is just another tool, the fact that the default settings have it in Current Actions is immaterial. If its not in the Current Actions list, find it in the Available Actions list and move it across with the right pointing arrow.

I very much doubt the update would have touched your toolbar settings, you must have inadvertently have moved it out of Current to Available at some time.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-09-2016 at 02:46 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 03:01 PM   #12
K8HW
Connoisseur
K8HW began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A03s, Galaxy Tab A, Kindle Paperwhite (10th Gen), Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@K8HW - I assume you mean the context menu.

There are two context menus (one for the library and one for the device), and whether your are in the book list or cover grid the context menus will be the same.

So, check the two context menus in Preferences->Toolbars. The Sort By feature is just another tool, the fact that the default settings have it in Current Actions is immaterial. If its not in the Current Actions list, find it in the Available Actions list and move it across with the right pointing arrow.

I very much doubt the update would have touched your toolbar settings, you must have inadvertently have moved it out of Current to Available at some time.

BR
BetterRed, Thanks for your reply. I followed your instructions and was able to fix it. I have no idea how it got changed as I haven't been in the preferences for several months.

~Dave
K8HW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 03:31 PM   #13
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Then it must have been that cat that done it. They have a habit of playing with mice, like dog's eating your homework, or wives moving your hammer to where it ought not be

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 02:57 PM   #14
lzyphre
lzyphre began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8HW View Post
BetterRed, Thanks for your reply. I followed your instructions and was able to fix it. I have no idea how it got changed as I haven't been in the preferences for several months.

~Dave
*I had the same problem after updating to 2.74. Your answer fixed it, thanks :-)
lzyphre is offline   Reply With Quote