Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-01-2012, 09:07 AM   #91
twilightsenpai
twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kindle 4
I usually use mangle to convert manga for kindle. The problem is the native image viewer that comes with the K4. It has a lot of bugs like image overlay between pages, the fullscreen option working bad, and other stuff that dont work at all.
twilightsenpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #92
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightsenpai View Post
I usually use mangle to convert manga for kindle. The problem is the native image viewer that comes with the K4. It has a lot of bugs like image overlay between pages, the fullscreen option working bad, and other stuff that dont work at all.
I'm not for sure if the kindle 4/NT can run wafs but if it can then it might actually be possible to port it. Although not extremely easy you could do it. The big question is does the kindle 4/NT have wafs? (I couldn't find anything after a quick search but I didn't really look.)
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2012, 02:41 AM   #93
pookakitten
Connoisseur
pookakitten began at the beginning.

Device: K5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titano View Post
I'm not for sure if the kindle 4/NT can run wafs but if it can then it might actually be possible to port it. Although not extremely easy you could do it. The big question is does the kindle 4/NT have wafs? (I couldn't find anything after a quick search but I didn't really look.)
I'm not sure if this is true for the K4, but in earlier versions of the Kindle you could convert your comic files (cbz/cbr) into MOBI and be able to read them just fine. There was just one setting you had to click in the conversion dialog in calibre. I imagine it still works since the K4 uses the same programming architecture, I think.

I think the setting is "Ignore Margins" under "MOBI Output." You can use the "Comic Input" settings to decide whether to split 2 page spreads, choose R->L reading, etc.

No promises this will work, but it's essentially what I did for reading manga on my Sony Pocket before I got my KT.
pookakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #94
twilightsenpai
twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.

Yeah, i knew the option to convert cbz in calibre for kindle, but it takes a lot of time. LOT of time. The best option is mangle... but i go again to my first post.. the native image viewer...
Old 08-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #95
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
@twilightsenpai check if this works https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=103359
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2012, 06:10 AM   #96
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
v1.8 coming, tomorrow probably!
Directly from Naxos, Greece!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:53 AM   #97
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
komic is aweeeeesooooome!did you manage to bring back pinch to zoom?
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #98
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
komic is aweeeeesooooome!did you manage to bring back pinch to zoom?
Not yet....
I've tried and I managed to bring it back only opening a content window. BTW, this messes everything else (images, margins, popup, buttons)....
I really can't understand why THEY broke the pinch-to-zoom....it was so easy setting it in config.xml....

Anyway....I'm really thinking about making a kindlet...
I used java some times ago...it was quite interesting, but I always used only print screen...
What scares me is the visual part...
Does anybody have a good starting point? Any book or something similar?

Thanks!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #99
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
v1.8 coming, tomorrow probably!
Directly from Naxos, Greece!
Sounds great! This might sound stupid, so forgive me, I know that you can't get pinch zoom working through the config file of the waf but what if (just hear me out ) it was part of the webpage? What I'm saying is, what if the webpage its self controlled the zoom and not the waf. I really don't know what I'm saying so if it is just not possible then sorry but I figured I would say something just to try and help.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:58 AM   #100
silver18
THE NOOB

I'll think about it....
Maybe I can do something, let's see...
Old 08-06-2012, 02:10 AM   #101
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
I'll think about it....
Maybe I can do something, let's see...
Sorry I can't be of more help.... That's a bit past my JavaScript and/or html level. Anyways I was looking at the pages for Komic and though of something else. Now I know the alert command can't be closed with a timeout or anything like that (it's normally only use for debugging) but is their anything else we can use? If we could doing a window then that would be great but something tells me the kindle can't handle that. Maybe a dialog or layer? Maybe if we use something like that we won't even need to have a "Welcome" alert? Again forgive me if it's not going to work and I really am sorry I can't help! Just trying to get ideas out there (sometimes you just need a fresh mind ) You're amazing for making the WAF for all the newbs like me. You're just making the world a better place one step at a time.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:04 AM   #102
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titano View Post
Sorry I can't be of more help.... That's a bit past my JavaScript and/or html level. Anyways I was looking at the pages for Komic and though of something else. Now I know the alert command can't be closed with a timeout or anything like that (it's normally only use for debugging) but is their anything else we can use? If we could doing a window then that would be great but something tells me the kindle can't handle that. Maybe a dialog or layer? Maybe if we use something like that we won't even need to have a "Welcome" alert? Again forgive me if it's not going to work and I really am sorry I can't help! Just trying to get ideas out there (sometimes you just need a fresh mind ) You're amazing for making the WAF for all the newbs like me. You're just making the world a better place one step at a time.
I understand what you mean....
Unfortunately, we need an alert box because a layer or a window don't act the same way and they don't prevent the WAF to crash when an alert box opens!
I don't know why this is happening, it started with 5.1.0!
And I think this is somehow related to the lack of pinch-to-zoom!
I think if we can bring pinch-to-zoom back, that solution will solve also this problem!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:17 AM   #103
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
I understand what you mean....
Unfortunately, we need an alert box because a layer or a window don't act the same way and they don't prevent the WAF to crash when an alert box opens!
I don't know why this is happening, it started with 5.1.0!
And I think this is somehow related to the lack of pinch-to-zoom!
I think if we can bring pinch-to-zoom back, that solution will solve also this problem!
Got it, I figured I would just give it a shot. Well I keep bringing up the topic of change in the code...... Is their anyway to change the scroll speed? I know it has something to do with frecce but can't for the life of me find it out how? It might be a native element or something like that but it does not hurt to ask. The reason I want to change it i because the scroll speed just seams so small to me. Maybe theirs a special way to do it? Any advice? Thanks again for all your help!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:54 AM   #104
silver18
THE NOOB

As regards the pinch-to-zoom, all I can think now is to add two thumb-sized transparent buttons (one in the down-right angle, the other on the down-left). They could be used to zoom in and out (calling the same function I created for "change size").

As regards the scroll speed....it is something I always thought about. But I don't know how to increase it.
I didn't changed the scroll speed: when you scroll down with the transparent bar in landscape mode, it merely call a function that scrolls down the page:
Code:
self.scrollBy(200, 0)
"Frecce" are arrows that show up when you increase the size of the image and you double tap on the screen...They scroll in 4 direction, but, again, they don't change the speed!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #105
twilightsenpai

Make a port for K4 nt

Tags
launcher add-ons