Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
ncvidal
ncvidal began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Won't install on Windows 7

I have attempted to install the software on Windows 7 (64 bit) and recieved an error message that said The installation package could not be opened. contact vendor and verify that this is a valid windows installer package. I have tried clearing the cache as well as the debug suggestion in the FAQs. What should I try next? Thanks for any assistance in advance
ncvidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncvidal View Post
I have attempted to install the software on Windows 7 (64 bit) and recieved an error message that said The installation package could not be opened. contact vendor and verify that this is a valid windows installer package. I have tried clearing the cache as well as the debug suggestion in the FAQs. What should I try next? Thanks for any assistance in advance
Do notuse a download manager.
disable your anti-virus (IMHO only if you use the official Calibre-ebook source. color me paranoid )

Last edited by theducks; 03-30-2011 at 03:29 PM. Reason: addeda missing M
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
ncvidal
ncvidal began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Do notuse a download manager.
disable your anti-virus (IHO only if you use the official Calibre-ebook source. color me paranoid )

That solution worked, thanks, ducks!
ncvidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:36 AM   #4
molly38
molly38 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Im having the same problem ..
i used my browser to download from the calibre site

and disabled my anti virus
molly38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:58 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
There's an alternative download site available if you're having trouble with the primary one. Try clearing your browser cache before redownloading. If possible, try another browser.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert