Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #1
Susan Crealock
Online Novels
Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple iTouch
Free SF adventure from Phoenix Pick - Fortress on the Sun

Phoenix Pick's Ebook of the month: Fortress on the Sun by Paul Cook and free with coupon code 9992371. (Scroll down in their site until you reach this book).

Description: Ra is a 21st century prison camp that also acts as facility for harvesting metals—from the Sun. The prisoners have all been banished here for extreme crimes, but none of them remembers anything from their past. As a lethal disease slowly spreads through the camp and the prisoners are abandoned, Ian Hutchings must find a way out if he and his people are to survive. But dark secrets lurk, and as they try to survive both the illness and the inferno they live on, they will discover a truth even stranger than their own circumstances.
Susan Crealock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:47 AM   #2
kitchenette
kitchenette is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
How do you get the book onto kindle after using coupon? My brain is not working right and I can't figure it out.
kitchenette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:51 AM   #3
drewn
drewn began at the beginning.

Device: Kingle
Thanks Susan

D
drewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:13 AM   #4
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenette View Post
How do you get the book onto kindle after using coupon? My brain is not working right and I can't figure it out.
Download the ebook onto your computer and remember the path.
Connect your Kindle to your computer via USB and sideload the ebook file to your Kindle "documents" folder.
Disconnect and enjoy your new book

Edit:
Thank you Susan, for the ebook. I think this is bulls eye into my sci-fi preference

Last edited by Bikeridr; 03-02-2011 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Adding "thank you".
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:58 AM   #5
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
The coupon does not work with smashwords. :-(
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #6
hemisphire
Connoisseur
hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo, HP Pre2, Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
The coupon does not work with smashwords. :-(
Yes, it's only good on Phoenix's site.
hemisphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #7
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemisphire View Post
Yes, it's only good on Phoenix's site.
But the Phoenix site has mobi, epub, pdf, lrf with no DRM, so you don't need Smashwords for this one.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenette View Post
You can also just email it to your kindle address (free or pay, depending on type of Kindle you have). For best results, download the MOBI version.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #9
kitchenette
kitchenette is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Thanks everyone, but 1 more question. Does the same instructions apply on a iMac? I have a windows based laptop, but I prefer to use my mac because of the big screen.
kitchenette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #10
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I haven't ever hooked up my Kindle to my Mac, but presumably it should work the same. When you plug the Kindle in, it will simply show up as an external drive, and you copy the ebook file into the Documents folder on the Kindle.

EDIT: Here are instructions from Amazon

Alternately, here's how to email to yourself (free since you have the wifi version)

Last edited by queentess; 03-02-2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: added links
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #11
birdbrainbb
Addict
birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Thank for posting about this! It looks interesting.
birdbrainbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #12
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
But the Phoenix site has mobi, epub, pdf, lrf with no DRM, so you don't need Smashwords for this one.
I did not see the link on the Phoenix site.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #13
Stormchild
Evangelist

Oh and thanks for your site Susan. It has been a favorite of mine for a long time.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #14
hemisphire
Connoisseur
hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hemisphire can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo, HP Pre2, Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
I did not see the link on the Phoenix site.

Thanks
It's under the individual author section (in this case Paul Cook):
http://phoenixpick.com/957392182342112/validator.htm
hemisphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #15
Stormchild
Evangelist

Thanks, I had found it when I looked. Looking forward to reading it. Might have to shuffle it up my list.