Notices

Old 07-07-2011, 12:44 PM   #16
Fmstrat
G:RSS-Web Creator
Fmstrat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, PW, Nexus 4,10
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdek View Post
Emailing unread Google Reader feeds to the Kindle would be a great feature; and a feature which actually would circumvent the Amazon service that can do the same thing, for a charge.

Right now, I only read my Google Reader when I have internet access, via the browser.

All of the solutions so far, and mentioned above, would require me, at one time or another, to do something from my desktop/laptop (run a program).....none of the solutions so far are fully automatic, that I know of.
G:RSS-Web ( http://nowsci.com/grss-web ) is free and does not require you to use your desktop/laptop, but it requires an internet connection to use. However, depending on how Nicolas_R responds, his mobi reader option combined into G:RSS-Web would enable offline reading and synchronization as well, also without the need for a desktop/laptop.

Thanks,
B.
Fmstrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #17
Nicolas_R
Nicolas_R began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmstrat View Post
Hi Nicolas,
Do you have any desire to do a G:RSS-Web / greader2kindle web integration? B.
Actually, creating a website so that you can get your RSS ebook, or schedule a delivery every week/day is definitely in my plans
You outlined the most important point: using OAUTH instead of a user/password authentication (because no one would be happy to provide his gmail credentials to an uknown web site).
I also have to evaluate how much it would cost me to host the website and if advertisment will be enough to cover my expenses.

Would you have any interest in participating to such a project ?
Nicolas_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #18
Nicolas_R
Nicolas_R began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzle View Post
Very excited about your software, Nicholas - except it doesn't work.

Here is the error message:

Documents\Greader2kindle\Google Reader feed on 7/07/2011 19h24.mobi"...
19:25:35 Error :Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Deborah\My Documents\Greader2kindle\Google Reader feed on 7\07\2011 19h24.mobi'.

thaks for the feedback Tanzle. I'll take a look to it in the upcming days, looks like a stupid bug (date formating not compatible with a filename).
Nicolas_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #19
Fmstrat
G:RSS-Web Creator
Fmstrat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, PW, Nexus 4,10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas_R View Post
Actually, creating a website so that you can get your RSS ebook, or schedule a delivery every week/day is definitely in my plans
You outlined the most important point: using OAUTH instead of a user/password authentication (because no one would be happy to provide his gmail credentials to an uknown web site).
I also have to evaluate how much it would cost me to host the website and if advertisment will be enough to cover my expenses.

Would you have any interest in participating to such a project ?
Depends on the participation If you want to integrate it into G:RSS-Web, sure, but unfortunately I'm not up for working on a completely independent project simply because of time.

As an FYI, it is unlikely advertising costs are going to pay you much. I'm actually a digital marketer by trade, and run ads from multiple providers on my site and static gif ads (discrete) served to the Kindle, and while hosting these days is cheap, without daily content updates of original content, or revisits for product usage, you'll never pay yourself back.

G:RSS-Web is hosted in the cloud with redundancy on the nowsci.com servers through Amazon.com, and ads across all my content/sites/mobile apps about pays the fees.

Thanks,
B.
Fmstrat is offline   Reply With Quote