Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-25-2009, 12:05 PM   #91
Charles Patrick
Enthusiast
Charles Patrick doesn't litterCharles Patrick doesn't litterCharles Patrick doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How can you design PDFs for the Kindle when the Kindle does not support PDF? All you'll end up doing is having to convert PDF to Mobipocket and we know how badly that can turn out and I've never seen a single PDF of size convert without errors. Can you tell me that these PDF you generate are somehow magical and can be converted error free?
Jon,

Have you even *TRIED* news2pdf.com?

I'll try to make this explanation simple:

Most PDF files are formatted for an 8.5"x11" page. When the Amazon software converts these 8.5" x 11" PDF files, the Amazon conversion can be "lousy."

Www.News2PDF PDF Files are formatted to a 90mm x 120mm page. When Amazon converts 90mm x 120mm PDF files the result is a good-looking, highly readable Kindle page.

Charles Patrick
Charles Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:00 AM   #92
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Patrick View Post
Jon,

Have you even *TRIED* news2pdf.com?

I'll try to make this explanation simple:

Most PDF files are formatted for an 8.5"x11" page. When the Amazon software converts these 8.5" x 11" PDF files, the Amazon conversion can be "lousy."

Www.News2PDF PDF Files are formatted to a 90mm x 120mm page. When Amazon converts 90mm x 120mm PDF files the result is a good-looking, highly readable Kindle page.

Charles Patrick
Can you honestly tell me that there is NEVER a single error in the conversion from PDF to Mobipocket?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #93
Charles Patrick
Enthusiast
Charles Patrick doesn't litterCharles Patrick doesn't litterCharles Patrick doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you honestly tell me that there is NEVER a single error in the conversion from PDF to Mobipocket?
When we create the formatted PDF files (and have complete control over it), then yes, this is correct, there are RARELY any errors in conversion.

Again, I'll ask (and again you will avoid the answer) Have you even *tried* the program you're making so many comments about?
Charles Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #94
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Patrick View Post
When we create the formatted PDF files (and have complete control over it), then yes, this is correct, there are RARELY any errors in conversion.

Again, I'll ask (and again you will avoid the answer) Have you even *tried* the program you're making so many comments about?
I have a 505, it will handle the PDF as is.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #95
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Charles,

You need to update the Kindle info on your pages with the new 15 cents/megabyte charges for wireless transfer. If you don't already, you'll want to let Kindle customers use their @free.kindle.com address, if they want to avoid the charges.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert