Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #76
toolio
Enthusiast
toolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Reader/IPAQ 210/Ipod Touch
I have tried to register news2pdf to take advantage of the enhanced options registration offers. In four days I have registerd six times with different email addresses, because each time I register I do not receive the promised email reply. I even tried changing zip codes in case that was the issue.

Is there a problem?
toolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:24 AM   #77
Charles Patrick
Enthusiast
Charles Patrick doesn't litterCharles Patrick doesn't litterCharles Patrick doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolio View Post
I have tried to register news2pdf to take advantage of the enhanced options registration offers. In four days I have registerd six times with different email addresses, because each time I register I do not receive the promised email reply. I even tried changing zip codes in case that was the issue.

Is there a problem?
There is no problem.

We're working on a new version with more robust user settings.

We expect to release the new version by January 15th.

What publications do you read in Brazil?

Charles Patrick.
Charles Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #78
toolio
Enthusiast
toolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-bookstoolio has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Patrick View Post
There is no problem.

We're working on a new version with more robust user settings.

We expect to release the new version by January 15th.

What publications do you read in Brazil?

Charles Patrick.
Thanks. Does that mean you're not taking registrations until the new version comes out?

I live in Brazil, but am Canadian. I'm particularly interested in the New Yorker and the New York Times for ebook reading. I'd also like to see the Economist made available.

Cheers.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:16 PM   #79
Charles Patrick
Enthusiast
Charles Patrick doesn't litterCharles Patrick doesn't litterCharles Patrick doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolio View Post
Thanks. Does that mean you're not taking registrations until the new version comes out?

I live in Brazil, but am Canadian. I'm particularly interested in the New Yorker and the New York Times for ebook reading. I'd also like to see the Economist made available.

Cheers.
News2PDF already offers the New Yorker and New York times.

We'll look at adding the Economist.

You're correct, we're not processing new registrations until the new version is complete.

Charles Patrick
Old 01-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #80
toolio
Enthusiast

Quote:
News2PDF already offers the New Yorker and New York times.

We'll look at adding the Economist.

You're correct, we're not processing new registrations until the new version is complete.

Charles Patrick
Thanks. I realize the NYT and The New Yorker are there. But until registration the number of days of past downloads can't be changed, which creates a problem with The New Yorker. I look forward to trying the new version when it is released.

David
Advert
Old 01-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #81
Charles Patrick
Enthusiast

Just added, by request:

Los Angeles Times

Current list of www.News2PDF.com publications:

Business Week
Chicago Tribune
Guardian (UK)
People Magazine
Forbes
Detroit Free Press
International Herald Tribune
San Jose Mercury News
BBC
Newsweek
New Yorker
New York Daily News
New York Times
Barrons
Reader’s Digest
Salon
San Francisco Chronicle
Austin American Statesman
The Age - Australia
Time Magazine
USA Today
Washington Post
Old 01-12-2009, 10:17 AM   #82
Charles Patrick
Enthusiast

Just Added: The Economist

Los Angeles Times
Business Week
Chicago Tribune
Guardian (UK)
People Magazine
Forbes
Detroit Free Press
International Herald Tribune
San Jose Mercury News
BBC
Newsweek
New Yorker
New York Daily News
New York Times
Barrons
Reader’s Digest
Salon
San Francisco Chronicle
Austin American Statesman
The Age - Australia
Time Magazine
USA Today
Washington Post
Old 01-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #83
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Charles, I have tried to register on many occasions & they've all failed, I assume now from the above that you aren't taking any until the next release. However, I have also emailed on several occasions that there appears to be problems with the "Daily Telegraph" Feed, It informs me that there aren't any new articles in the last few days. I suspect it is looking in the wrong place. Can this be rectified? It was working fine until Monday this week.
regards
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:08 AM   #84
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I'll give it a try when I get my kindle and report back!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:10 PM   #85
Charles Patrick
Enthusiast

Hi Again.

We've successfully tested News2PDF on the Kindle 2

Please contact me if you use a KINDLE 1 so that we can be sure that the new New2PDF works on both the Kindle2 and Kindle1

Thanks!
Charles
Old 02-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #86
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Hi Again.

We've successfully tested News2PDF on the Kindle 2

Please contact me if you use a KINDLE 1 so that we can be sure that the new New2PDF works on both the Kindle2 and Kindle1

Thanks!
Charles
PDF does not work on any Kindle. Should be News2Mobi. Why PDF when the Kindle does not support PDF? It won't work. So advertising the Kindle on your site is deceptive.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #87
astromusic
astromusic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
What is the difference between this program and Calibre? I have a Kindle 2, so would Calibre not be better, because it has mobi format rather than PDF?
astromusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #88
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astromusic View Post
What is the difference between this program and Calibre? I have a Kindle 2, so would Calibre not be better, because it has mobi format rather than PDF?
When you download using Calibre, you can output in Mobipocket whereas this is PDF which chances are will be a lousy conversion to Mobipocket format. So advertising it as Kindle compatible is a sham.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:22 AM   #89
Charles Patrick
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
PDF does not work on any Kindle. Should be News2Mobi. Why PDF when the Kindle does not support PDF? It won't work. So advertising the Kindle on your site is deceptive... you can output in Mobipocket whereas this is PDF which chances are will be a lousy conversion to Mobipocket format. So advertising it as Kindle compatible is a sham.
Um, the layout will *NOT* be lousy because the PDFs are designed expressly for the Kindle. May I kindly suggest that you *please* try it before you comment about news2PDF with even using it?

News2PDF.com will be creating direct transfer .MOBI (mobipocket) files for Kindle by April 14, 2009... stay tuned.

The PDF files *currently* created by News2PDF are PDF files formatted specifically for the Kindle (large font, kindle margins, kindle page sizes). They are *not* typical, complex, page sized PDF files (which don't convert well).

Click the direct Amazon Link below to learn how to transfer PDF files to the Kindle:

From Amazon: "Converting PDF Files
PDF conversion is experimental. The experimental category represents the features we are working on to enhance the Kindle experience even further. You can email your PDFs wirelessly to your Kindle. Due to PDF's fixed layout format, some complex PDF files might not format correctly on your Kindle."

Source:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200140600

Thanks
Charles Patrick

Last edited by Charles Patrick; 03-25-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:49 AM   #90
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

How can you design PDFs for the Kindle when the Kindle does not support PDF? All you'll end up doing is having to convert PDF to Mobipocket and we know how badly that can turn out and I've never seen a single PDF of size convert without errors. Can you tell me that these PDF you generate are somehow magical and can be converted error free?