Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-12-2010, 05:43 AM   #1
nvr
nvr began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to increase teh size of images in .mobi files

Hi,

I have a 250/250 image, for this i have increased its width and height to 350/350 even then also image is displaying same as 250/250 on kindle , please let me know is this possible for me to increase the size of images .If image is bigger then kindle is automatically scaling it and showing it as smaller one ,but for smaller images i am not able to increase the size.
Can anyone tell me what is the maximum and minimum resolutions of an image on Amazon kindle .

Thanks in advance
nvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:38 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You may have increased the image size, but have you also adjusted the HTML to take the new size into account?

Covers for Kindle can be 600x800. In-line images slightly smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvr View Post
Hi,

I have a 250/250 image, for this i have increased its width and height to 350/350 even then also image is displaying same as 250/250 on kindle , please let me know is this possible for me to increase the size of images .If image is bigger then kindle is automatically scaling it and showing it as smaller one ,but for smaller images i am not able to increase the size.
Can anyone tell me what is the maximum and minimum resolutions of an image on Amazon kindle .

Thanks in advance
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If the size is specified in the HTML, then it is honoured if it makes the image smaller. As pdurrant says, this is probably what is happening here.

Also, on the Kindle most images are automatically doubled in size. The exception is if you have hisrc specified, so I am guessing that this is the case here. Usually you are better off without hisrc and without explicitly setting the size in the HTML. See Image optimization for Kindle 2.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote