Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #46
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
about the NSA celebration, and good point about usage for the blind!

Awesome, I had not even seen that! There is a radio channel I can only get through TuneIn in the US, and I am addicted to it. Maybe it could be set up as an alarm clock as well. One that cannot be shut off, unless you solve a math problem!! I would really need something like that.
I use Alarm Clock Xtreme and you can set it up so you have to solve math problems. It's in the Amazon app store and Google play.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #47
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I wonder if the remote will work with the Fire TV stick I ordered? The remote costs $30.
I hope the remote is as cool looking as this one

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #48
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
a parody of the ad is atop Reddit's front page:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GijLoiVkmYI
...that was great!
Old 11-07-2014, 02:25 PM   #49
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
There is a radio channel I can only get through TuneIn in the US, and I am addicted to it.
What channel?
Old 11-07-2014, 05:00 PM   #50
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I'm not sure why, but I do want this.

I can envision these strategically placed throughout the house—living room, bedroom, kitchen—but the price is too high at $199 each. It'll be interesting to see what additional features Amazon will incorporate over time.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #51
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I'm not sure why, but I do want this.

I can envision these strategically placed throughout the house—living room, bedroom, kitchen—but the price is too high at $199 each. It'll be interesting to see what additional features Amazon will incorporate over time.
I was thinking the same thing. Whole home system. So you can talk to any walls in your home . Serious though, that might be the next step.

Still no flying cars though.....
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:09 PM   #52
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Whole home system. So you can talk to any walls in your home . Serious though, that might be the next step.

Still no flying cars though.....
We have flying monkeys

Old 11-07-2014, 09:05 PM   #53
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
We have flying monkeys
They aren't quite as useful as flying cars though..
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:16 AM   #54
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
What channel?
"NRJ - Made in France". I have it set as my default channel on all my devices in the TuneIn Pro app. We used to listen to the actual radio channel (on a radio, I mean) when vacationing in France as kids, so to have access to it years later and a continent away is just awesome.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:23 AM   #55
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
You can set it as an alarm but it can be shut off... if you remember the activation word. I guess you could set the activation word to "Rumplestiltskin" or "Brezinski" or some other tongue twister...
Great idea.
Oooor: I could pick up a new language, and change the activation word daily to some new long word I won't remember unless I pry my eyes open and look it up. Even better, use a recording of a native speaker as the activation word, then have to say it over and over until I pronounce it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I use Alarm Clock Xtreme and you can set it up so you have to solve math problems. It's in the Amazon app store and Google play.
Thank you, I'll check it out!!
Old 11-08-2014, 12:31 AM   #56
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
"NRJ - Made in France". I have it set as my default channel on all my devices in the TuneIn Pro app. We used to listen to the actual radio channel (on a radio, I mean) when vacationing in France as kids, so to have access to it years later and a continent away is just awesome.
Thanks - I don't listen to France stuff, because I don't speak France talk
Old 11-08-2014, 12:32 AM   #57
xendula
eBookworm

^ Oh, monkey!!
Old 11-08-2014, 09:37 AM   #58
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick61 View Post
It looks like an interesting gadget but privacy concern still exists the gadget comes with built-in microphones, so couldn't this be an open door to your private conversations and stored in the remote server?. who knows this information couldn't be used to learn users' characteristics as well as against us by Govt ?
You need a special listening room
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	foil.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	130765  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:17 AM   #59
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
The microphones can be turned off. There is a button on the top of the tower.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:38 AM   #60
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Without microphones it is just a cheap bluetooth speaker.
Of which there is no shortage.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote