Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-16-2013, 05:13 AM   #1
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Calibre Companion prerelease 3.1.1e

CC prerelease 3.1.1e has been published and will available soon to people who are members of the CC prerelease program. Barring important bug fixes, this will be the last prerelease before a general release.

Prerelease 3.1.1e fixes a problem with adding ratings to the grouping information stored in the database.

Prerelease 3.1.1d has the following changes:
  • Float, int, and date values are now searchable. Date searching uses a fixed syntax yyyy-mm-dd. You can leave off part of the date to do partial checks, for example pubdate:<=2000 will find all books published in 2000 or before.
  • Ratings are searchable using relational operators, such as rating:>=3 for books with rating of 3 or higher.
  • You can now group on ratings. Note that when you install 3.1.1e, CC will do a "database upgrade" to add the rating values to the grouping tables, running at around 2 to 3 books per second. You can continue to use CC, but you will not be able to use grouping or searching until it finishes.
  • [BUG FIX] Use correct font size in book details for the "Comments" label.
  • [BUG FIX] Fix rare case where book's grouping information was added incorrectly to the database.
  • [BUG FIX] Fix incorrect title bar text when returning from book details or the content server.

For completeness, here are the changes in the earlier prereleases.
CC Prerelease 3.1.1c contained the following changes:
  • Optionally display comments in book details using the full screen width. This is controlled by a new preference in the "Display" group that defaults to "off" (existing behavior).
  • In book details, use the minimum amount of space for labels that word wrap. Previously these labels forced the column width to its maximum, around 12-15 characters.
  • Don't disable the "read" button in the content server book details page if the book isn't downloaded. Instead give the user a message that downloading is needed.
  • [BUG FIX] Correctly handle another date format that appeared from nowhere.
  • [BUG FIX] Remove "phantom books" from the count of books being displayed in grid (cover) view.

CC prerelease 3.1.1b contains the following changes:
  • Shorten standard labels in book details to reduce space taken by the first column.
  • Support wireless device and content server connections to a local computer when tethering and the phone/tablet is hub. The phone/tablet is acting as the wireless hub.
  • Improvement in connecting as a wireless device in certain more complex network setups, in particular those that use both IPv6 and IPV4.
  • [BUG FIX] Fix boolean rows being cut in half in book details when large fonts are being used.
  • [BUG FIX] Fix rare crash when changing the folders where CC is to put books.

There was no release 3.1.1a.

Last edited by chaley; 09-16-2013 at 08:41 AM. Reason: redid the release
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
  • You can now group on ratings.
I tried to group on Rating and it seemed to fail returning a "No books match the search" when I press on the Rating group, see attached image. Debug log sent.

Quote:
  • Ratings are searchable using relational operators, such as rating:>=3 for books with rating of 3 or higher.
I tried your search example and it worked well.

Quote:

• [BUG FIX] Use correct font size in book details for the "Comments" label.
Looks good.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-16-07-42-07.png
Views:	418
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	111101  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-16-2013 at 07:52 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I tried to group on Rating and it seemed to fail returning a "No books match the search" when I press on the Rating group, see attached image. Debug log sent.
Definitely my mistake. I forgot that people would need to have the grouping information for the books rebuilt to get the rating information into the db. I didn't need to do it on my development and test devices because the sequence of events I followed did it in another way.

I have pushed a new release, 3.1.1e. This one rebuilds the db grouping tables correctly. You will see a dialog open telling you that the process is happening, and there will be a progress indicator in the status bar. It runs at around 2 or 3 books per second. You can use CC during this time, but you will not be able to open the grouping drawer until it is done.

Last edited by chaley; 09-16-2013 at 08:42 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Definitely my mistake.
It happens to everyone, that's why you started using the beta feature of the Play store.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Float, int, and date values are now searchable. Date searching uses a fixed syntax yyyy-mm-dd. You can leave off part of the date to do partial checks, for example pubdate:<=2000 will find all books published in 2000 or before.
I tried searching on pubdate. It seems to work as expected.

I don't populate the rating field so I couldn't do any meaningful test on this. Searching on rating:0 returned all books and not rating:0 returned no books.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Thanks for adding the ratings to the sort fields. It works fine on my device.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote