Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 04-08-2007, 07:27 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Today only - Free IntraPDF conversion tool (PDF -> HTML)

At GiveAwayOfTheDay, there is a one-day only offer for free software every day. It's just as addictive for many people as Woot!, which offers a new tech deal every day.

Today's free software package, is PDF to HTML Converter Pro, normally about $50, and on the surface it seems to be pretty useful. But I am not familiar with it, so we won't really know until someone tries it and shares the results with us.

The catch is that you have to download it and activate your copy today. It's only good on the computers you activate it on. The idea of giving away software on the site is that you will learn to love it, and buy upgrades or new copies in the future.

Update: Tues 4/10/07 - More free PDF conversion software, same site. This time it's for conversion of PDFs to image files. One day only, and probably Windows only. Thanks to Ante (aka "orcinus") for the tip!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
davidrothman
Connoisseur
davidrothman began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite, $50 Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 6, Kobo Aura H2O
Great pointer, Bob! Thanks. If people have trouble activating the freebie, they can check out tips at http://www.teleread.org/blog/?p=6398. David
davidrothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:10 PM   #3
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
How much spam does one get as a result of downloading software from this site? Just wondering, because I don't see a privacy statement on their website, but I do see this: "The information about Giveaway of the day and the participants of this initiative will be included in our newsletters and distributed among our visitors and subscribers." and "You will get the information and special offers on all the additional software products from the given publisher."

I've already got the processtext converter (only US$12) as well as the free pdftohtml, so I don't need this anyway, but I was wondering how much spam one gets for these "give-aways" generally. Call me cynical, but in my experience, there's seldom such a thing as a free lunch.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:02 PM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
How much spam does one get as a result of downloading software from this site?
I'm very sensitive about giving out my email for that very reason. But if memory serves, I didn't ever have to give out any info, including an email address. You just do the download, so about all they get is whatever is visible from the browser to any web site, like your IP. Seems they are just trying to get people familiar with the software, hoping you'll buy it later as well as the associated products or upgrades.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:50 PM   #5
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
Looks like it's Windows only.
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:38 PM   #6
Gatton
Groupie
Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021, assorted Fire tablets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio717
Looks like it's Windows only.
That was my reaction as well. I had actually planned to download it anyway since I'm in the market for a Windows laptop (come on tax refund!) I had hoped to download it and stow it away until then but I see that Bob points out it has to be activated today. Ah well. How good could it be? I've never had good luck converting from PDF to any other format (unless it was a very basic PDF.) Even Acrobat Professional 7 doesn't give me good results.
Gatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:33 AM   #7
alex_d
Addict
alex_d doesn't litteralex_d doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
doesn't "intrapdf" mean "inside pdf" or pdf->pdf?

edit: er, nevermind. it's not the name of the tool, it's the name of the site.
alex_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:16 PM   #8
orcinus
Gadgeteer
orcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enough

Device: iRex iLiad, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770, BB 7200, Samsung i600, iPhone
Aloyt! Aloyt!

There's a new useful giveaway of the day up...
Advanced PDF to JPEG Converter - http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/adva...rter/#more-940

Grab it while it's there!
orcinus is offline   Reply With Quote