Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 06:23 AM   #1
Sethman
Enthusiast
Sethman began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Dolphin mini

Just installed Dolphin mini from the market, but there is no pinch to zoom. I thought this was an issue only with HD version?
Sethman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:31 AM   #2
Sethman
Enthusiast

Nevermind, l just read that it does not support multitouch.
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
jenniren
Nook Newb
jenniren began at the beginning.

Device: Alienware MX11, Droid 2, Nook Color
I am trying to get dophin 4.2 but it is not in the market! I downloaded it from another site and can't find it on my nook! lol I feel like such a newb!
jenniren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:43 AM   #4
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Personally I would dump Dolphin Mini or HD and use XScope Trial. It has pinch-zoom and is lightning fast (and is in the market hehe)
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Dolphin HD 4.2 can be found in the Market. Look in the developer notes for 4.3 and a link to the file is given. Use your device browser to access the link and the file will download to your download folder on your SD card. You need to have a file manager (such as Astro) to be able to install the .apk.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #6
jenniren
Nook Newb

The only click on link I found was to a website with the notice that it was closed for maintenance for 24 hours (I have been trying for 3 days now lol) and an email address. I guess I will give xscope a try. Scion - I am thinking of getting root explorer - is Astro kind of the same thing? Or do they both do different things? Right now, I can't even figure out how to turn off auto updates from B&N from the instructions I've read - how do you get to those files to change them? Sorry to be such a pain, but I do appreciate the helpfulness from everyone here!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #7
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Regarding Root Explorer:

Quote:
Root Explorer is the ultimate file manager for root users. Access the whole of android's file system (including the elusive data folder!).

SQLite database viewer, Text Editor, create/extract zip files, multi-select, execute scripts, search, remount, permissions, bookmarks, send files (via email, bluetooth etc), image thumbnails, APK binary XML viewer.
To disable auto upates you need to rename a file that is located in /etc/security. Change otacerts.zip to otacerts.zip_DISABLED_OTA_UPDATES This can only be done using ADB or Root Explorer.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
jenniren
Nook Newb

Thanks! I will get root explorer tonight! I figured since I couldn't find the files you were talking about, I needed to get something else to access them. You are a life saver! Thanks for you patience will all us "newbs!" lol
Old 01-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #9
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Here is the link to Dolphin HD 4.2 it's on their product page like SICON mentioned.

Browse this site on your nook browser
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #10
jenniren
Nook Newb

On my browser it wasn't a link, and I tried typing it into the browser addy manually and it kept giving an error. I checked the link at work today and saw it went right to a download, so I emailed it to myself so I could just click it on my nook when I get home. Thanks X! Not sure why it wasn't showing as a clickable link on the Dolphin page, would make it simpler! (For some reason I haven't had a lot of time to play with my nook, so I appreciate the short cuts lol)
Old 01-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #11
Sethman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Here is the link to Dolphin HD 4.2 it's on their product page like SICON mentioned.

Browse this site on your nook browser
=X=
WoW. This browser is fantastic. This alone makes rooting the Nook worth it. Not that is was hard.

Thanks much for the link!!

Old 01-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #12
jenniren
Nook Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Regarding Root Explorer:

To disable auto upates you need to rename a file that is located in /etc/security. Change otacerts.zip to otacerts.zip_DISABLED_OTA_UPDATES This can only be done using ADB or Root Explorer.
I think I am going to buy the root explorer. Now that I have seen how useful Astro is for finding things, I think Root Explorer would be VERY beneficial and will make my life easier!

And yeah Sethman - the Dolphin HD 4.2 makes a huge difference to my enjoyment level while surfing the net! Gotta love the pinch zoom!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #13
jenniren
Nook Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Regarding Root Explorer:

Ok, I got Root Explorer. Found /etc/security Otacerts.zip - I pressed down to open the options menu and chose rename and got "otacerts.zip cannot be renamed because the file system is read-only." message.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #14
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniren View Post
Ok, I got Root Explorer. Found /etc/security Otacerts.zip - I pressed down to open the options menu and chose rename and got "otacerts.zip cannot be renamed because the file system is read-only." message.
Right up at the top of the Root Explorer screen there should be a button that says something like 'mount r/w'. Tap it.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #15
jenniren
Nook Newb

AWESOME! Thanks, that worked. One question - There was no _ (underscore) on my keyboard, just space - will that work or do I need to get a keyboard with the underscore?