Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-30-2013, 07:21 AM   #1
New2KindleFireHD
New2KindleFireHD began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question New to the Amazon Kindle fire HD

Just got my kindle fire and loving it so far and still learning but why can't I download apps from other sites? When I do a message box pops up saying:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This app is trying to open a link with an external market that is not availiable on kindle fire. Would you like to open this link with the Amazon Appstore instead?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then it takes you back to the Amazon App Store... Help What can i do??
New2KindleFireHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #2
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
The best help I can give you is to request you check in the Kindle Fire forum instead.
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Have you allowed installation of 3rd party apps?

More->Device->Allow Installation of Applications From Unknown Sources->On

Once you allow that, the next question is where are you trying to grab the apps from?
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote