Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #46
Beryl
Enthusiast
Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Kindle
I replaced my original 64 GB WiFi iPad with the new 64 GB 4G iPad on launch day and it is terrific. The Verizon LTE speeds are amazing (27.64Mbps/16.35Mbps).

The screen is so good that I'm even more enthusiastic about reading periodicals and such again. My cheapie $79 Kindle is still best for reading regular books though.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #47
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
The screen is so good that I'm even more enthusiastic about reading periodicals and such again. My cheapie $79 Kindle is still best for reading regular books though.
Totally agree. While my Sony PRS-650 i fine for reading novels the new iPad is great for reading magazines and big PDFs (scientific american...)
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #48
nursedude
Zealot
nursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo (Original), KT, iPad 1, iPhone 4S, iPad 3rd gen
Love mine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbible View Post
There seems to be a lot of reports of problems with the wifi connection. Have any of you experienced this?
No problems with wireless and I use several different networks to connect depending on where I am.
nursedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #49
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pphilipp View Post
Ditto to Talldog!

Incredibly good device.
I honestly feel it's the best computer-type of purchase I've made in decades. For my creative endeavors, it is like an extension of myself.
Hah! I felt the same about the iphone4. I certainly cannot imagine life without it.

But now I'm ready to step up a level so I've ordered an iPad 3
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #50
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
Well I got my iPad 3 and it's such a beautiful device! The screen is lovely and larger screen is an unbelievable improvement over an iPhone.
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:32 AM   #51
jojoba
Addict
jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3gen, Cybook Odyssey FL HD
I upgraded about a week ago and oh my, that screen is gorgeous. Really amazing.
jojoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #52
Beryl
Enthusiast
Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Isn't it? I love mine and I've had it since it was released -- upgraded from the original. There is no tablet (including the Mini) that comes close, IMO. The screen is outstanding. However, these days I'm preferring my new Nexus 7 for reading.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #53
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
There is no tablet (including the Mini) that comes close, IMO.
There are others as good on the market: the nook hd (243ppi), the hd+ (254ppi) are as good, and the the Nexus 10 (299ppi) is better. Screens have made a big jump over the past months are high density is becoming the norm.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #54
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Resolution isn't everything, but it is a big chunk of it. The screen on my new iPad 4 (why don't they number them officially?) is amazing. I still prefer my PRS-650 for plain text reading but I don't think you can beat the iPad for color documents, video, and annotation.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #55
Beryl
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Resolution isn't everything, but it is a big chunk of it. The screen on my new iPad 4 (why don't they number them officially?) is amazing. I still prefer my PRS-650 for plain text reading but I don't think you can beat the iPad for color documents, video, and annotation.
Agreed. The iPad 4 and iPad 3 have the same screen.