Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-12-2011, 12:15 AM   #1
Lazybones
Groupie
Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The Labyrinth - A Magical Contest Turns Bad

The Labyrinth is a novella (19,000 words) that tells the story of Keric Olwyhn, a young wizard who participates in a magical competition that goes fundamentally wrong, pitting him and his fellow competitors against a deadly maze in a desperate struggle for survival.

While the story in the novella stands alone, I wrote it as an introduction to my full length novel Of Spells and Demons, which takes place in the same setting with the same protagonist.

From my reviews:

Quote:
His characters are as rich as Stephen Kings; his combat, spellcasting and dialogue all filled with details that keep you turning the (virtual) page. You won't find many short stories that make you look immediately to see what happens to the hero... this one will.
Quote:
I really enjoyed this short story/novella. I liked the characters and how they interacted along with the spellcasting systems. The sequel is definitely on my to buy list.
The novella is available for free at Smashwords and Amazon.
Lazybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
Lazybones
Groupie
Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's been almost a year since I posted the links to The Labyrinth, and in that time I've been very pleased with the interest in my novella. I also thought I'd take the opportunity to post the links to the full-length sequel novel, Of Spells and Demons.

Something dark is stirring on the edges of the mage-kingdom of Sacreth. The ruling Mage Council, complacent and divided, is stirred to action by the attack of a rampaging demon on one of the valley’s outlying settlements. The young but talented wizard Keric Olwyn is sent to investigate, along with a hand-picked team of elite Border Wardens, and a somewhat reluctant mountain guide. Armed with some of the most powerful magic that Sacreth’s mages can provide, Keric and the Wardens must confront and overcome not only demons, but magic and treachery in their efforts to protect the people of Sacreth from the threat posed by the wizards of the mysterious Academy.

Available at Smashwords and the Kindle Store.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #3
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I looked at the sample and noted this sentence on page 2:

Quote:
Even the possible consolation of a son had been denied him, for the child was sickly and weak, early as he had been, and died only a few days after her mother.
At the beginning of the sentence, the child is a boy; by the end of the sentence he has transformed into a girl.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:49 AM   #4
Lazybones
Groupie

Thank you for the correction.

Tags
fantasy, magic, wizards