Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
jmcging
jmcging doesn't litterjmcging doesn't litter

Device: Google Nexus 9
Calendar Not Synching

I've read through here as well as nookdevs and have a problem with the calendar. It installed but never synched. The various calendars do show up, but it's essentially dead.

So reading here and other places it seems folks seemed to have success uninstalling then reinstalling but that hasn't worked for me. Astro says uninstall fails, using ADB gets a failure and trying to reinstall on top of the install fails with "install failed already exists" message. The ls /data/data said the file to uninstall was com.android.calendar (there was also a com.android.providers.calendar)

My install was following nookdevs 1.0.1 autonooter setup and otherwise everything works fine.

I'm more than willing to delete it to reinstall but my attempts to uninstall have been stymied.

So any advice or pointers appreciated.
jmcging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:24 PM   #2
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
I've been using a sync on demand widget called Synker.

Try what Docfreed mentions here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=864960

and let us know how it works.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 11:26 PM   #3
jmcging

Well, I kept on searching and found the following http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post10122405 which actually worked.

Although now I see I have some sort of blank bar floating on top of the calendar that covers the top inch of the calendar.... weird.

John
Old 12-28-2010, 11:27 PM   #4
jmcging

KryptoNyte,

We were posting at the same time, thanks for the quick reply!
Old 12-28-2010, 11:28 PM   #5
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Excellent! I have the same bar BTW, I have no idea what it is, maybe a message status bar with no message ...

So your stuff is now syncing properly? How often, or rather, how quickly can you make a change to your web gmail calendar and have it appear on the Nook calendar?
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 09:44 AM   #6
jmcging

Went to bed, sorry for the delay.

Yes, that empty status bar is a great description, luckily under agenda it's not there, so I can use that view (and I have 7 calendars to keep together).

I just did an update test and something I put on via PC was on the nookcolor when I grabbed it 2 minutes later as was an event deletion item tested (it was gone ).

Still wondering why the uninstall approach failed, but glad the tip worked out, it's easier.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:21 PM   #7
Prince Hal
Zealot
Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Player 4.2; Nexus 3 (wifi only); Nook HD+ (possibly)
Anoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Excellent! I have the same bar BTW, I have no idea what it is, maybe a message status bar with no message ...

So your stuff is now syncing properly? How often, or rather, how quickly can you make a change to your web gmail calendar and have it appear on the Nook calendar?
How do you get rid of the empty status bar. It covers "all day" appointments, so it quite a problem.

Thankfully Pocket Informant is a better calendar. It's on the Market in beta, so they will charge for it at sometime, but works great in beta.
Prince Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:15 PM   #8
KryptoNyte
Shepherd

I still use the Google calendar, just not the view that you are mentioning (with the top bar blocking content). I purchased and downloaded a calendar widget that appears on the desktop fulltime, realtime, and keeps itself up to date with Google's data.

I should also mention that I performed DocFreed's steps per the link in post #2 of this thread, and everything is now syncing perfectly on it's own, and updates the calendar from PC gmail revisions in less than 60 seconds. I ended up getting rid of Synker then.

Just a little clarification, when you go in and re-add the repeat Gmail account, I thought it would show two (identical) accounts when I was complete, but it only shows one, and syncs properly, so the end result was pretty painless. Highly recommended.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:27 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
I purchased and downloaded a calendar widget that appears on the desktop fulltime, realtime, and keeps itself up to date with Google's data.
Please share.

To those following along...you may want to keep Synker to sync other things (e.g. Google Reader).
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #10
KryptoNyte
Shepherd

I believe it's called Pure Grid Calendar Widget.

There are some screenshots here:

http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...ndar-qnCF.aspx

It really was worth a couple bucks, really enjoy having that on the desktop at all times, and it updates as fast as Google data does.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:41 AM   #11
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Please share.

To those following along...you may want to keep Synker to sync other things (e.g. Google Reader).
Why wouldnt you just use the Google Reader app? My GR syncs fine.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:53 AM   #12
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
Why wouldnt you just use the Google Reader app? My GR syncs fine.
If someone has wifi off throughout the day, when they turn it on they can immediately sync Google Reader and other apps with one click, without going into the apps. For those who travel it's just convenient to access Synker from the desktop, connect to a wifi hotspot for a brief moment and quickly sync.

I try to give tips that can apply to anyone reading. If you're linked to wifi all day, then it's not really a concern for you to force sync.

Last edited by SCION; 12-31-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-31-2010, 04:50 PM   #13
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
I believe it's called Pure Grid Calendar Widget.

There are some screenshots here:

http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...ndar-qnCF.aspx

It really was worth a couple bucks, really enjoy having that on the desktop at all times, and it updates as fast as Google data does.
Thanks, tried it today. Sticking with it! Makes my default desktop complete now.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:41 PM   #14
KryptoNyte
Shepherd

Excellent! I'm kinda liking it. Just need to get my Calendar moved into Gmail at some point ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10-12-31-1.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	63905  
Old 12-31-2010, 09:49 PM   #15
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Excellent! I'm kinda liking it. Just need to get my Calendar moved into Gmail at some point ...
Lookin' good!