Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 05-19-2007, 09:32 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Post Hilton, James: Good-bye, Mr. Chips. v1. 19 May 07

A very short book indeed, but a timeless classic (at least in the UK - is it known in the US?).

A dieing schoolmaster remembers his life teaching at an English boys' school. This is a real "tear jerker"; I can never read it with a dry eye.

Enjoy!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:57 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I read this years ago and really liked it. In fact, I was thinking of writing a parody of it, entitled "Goodbye, Mr. Chocolate Chips," a story about a frustrated child who loves cookies, but they are denied him by his mother. Then, as he grows up, he becomes increasingly obsessed with cookies and starts his own cookie business. However, because he was cheated as a child, he starts to DECREASE the amount of chocolate chips in his chocolate chip cookies. This leads to the downfall of his empire...IS THIS AT ALL INTERESTING??!!! HUH??!!! I'M NOT CRAZY AND I LOVE MY MOTHER!!! help....

(Oops: Your Chapter 9 starts in the middle of the page.)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2007, 10:06 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Must be because chapter 8 is so short! Thanks - I've re-uploaded. You might want to re-download if you got the original. I've not changed the version number - it's too minor a change.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:10 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Another great classic added to my growing collection. I now have two folders: "Not on Sony," and "On Sony."

Thanks, Harry.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:14 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thanks for pointing out the problem! There seems to be a minimum "distance" in the text in BD between titles, below which you don't get an automatic page break with a new title; looks as though that was the situation here. I've added manual page breaks at the start of all the chapters.
Advert
Old 05-19-2007, 11:22 AM   #6
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
film yes, book no.
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote