Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-05-2015, 10:52 PM   #1
Edum
Edum began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Ubuntu, Windows
Problem with Calibre and Nook Simple Touch

I am not sure how to classify this thread, if as a Calibre issue or a nook's.

Sometimes a book gets randomly chosen and stops being displayed on nook's library's last read. I can only find it with the search function and when I open it, it says I am reading it from another device and asks if I want to sync to the furthest page.

I suspect it happens because I use Calibre to manage my library and I may be doing something wrong. I have then to delete the book and paste it back to the device so it works properly.

This is an issue because I read multiple books at a time and need the library function to remember them.
Edum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:18 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edum View Post
I am not sure how to classify this thread, if as a Calibre issue or a nook's.

Sometimes a book gets randomly chosen and stops being displayed on nook's library's last read. I can only find it with the search function and when I open it, it says I am reading it from another device and asks if I want to sync to the furthest page.

I suspect it happens because I use Calibre to manage my library and I may be doing something wrong. I have then to delete the book and paste it back to the device so it works properly.

This is an issue because I read multiple books at a time and need the library function to remember them.
That is a bug in the Nook, have had it happen to me numerous times.

A suggestion when loading a book to nook from calibre alway go to the nook home screen first, then after ejecting the nook wait about 20 seconds to let nook finish up it part of eject. Then wait another minute before opening up a book. This seems to reduce the problem, not make it go away but reduce it.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:15 PM   #3
Edum
Edum began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Ubuntu, Windows
Well, Thank you.

My nook is rooted anyway. Maybe it's time to start using other reader app.
Edum is offline   Reply With Quote