Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-28-2008, 03:52 AM   #16
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The first change is to add two lines (one of which is the if size <= 0 line) after the line bitpos, result = 0,0

So it's not surprising you couldn't find if size <= 0 in the script.

Do make the change - otherwise there are some Mobipocket fies it won't work with.

Paul
Ooopps error BCAK

Now I have 3 versions I actually have one that failed without this last change and converted beautifully with this change.
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:50 PM   #17
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
If the below isnt allowed please remove and let me know. Im not linking to the script etc.

here is a very basic batch file that will help you use the scripts mentioned.

you wil have to replace YOURPIDNUMBERHERE with your own pid number from mobi reader etc.

Put it in your python diretory, put the file to be converted in your python directory then enter the following command:

dedrm filename.ext

It will run the script, remove the drm, and copy the file to the python directory. The file is now called: NAME.DEDRM.MOBI

here is the small batch file I made, if someone better then I could convert it over so that you could just double click the file to be converted and have it appear in the same directory that would be fantastic ( after you associated it of course ):

Quote:
Rem this batch file will take the name passed to it, de-drm it, save it with the .mobi ext
@echo off
cls
Echo Now removeing the DRM from the file %1 , the new file will be named %~n1.DEDRM.MOBI
ECHO .
python mobidedrm.py %1 %~n1.DEDRM.mobi YOURPIDNUMBERHERE
echo .
Echo %1 now has the DRM removed and is called, %~n1.DEDRM.mobi

Last edited by askyn; 10-08-2008 at 12:02 AM.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2008, 08:52 PM   #18
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
oh and thank you for all the help every one is giving.

it took me a while to track down the script and make the patching but it will be worth it.

I own a ebookwise 1150 and several books im intersted in only come in drm mobi it seems ( =( )

now i stand a chance at beign able to read them on my machine !
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:58 AM   #19
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Is the amazon drm identical to the mobi drm?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #20
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Is the amazon drm identical to the mobi drm?
For AZW it's the same, in regards to un-infecting your books.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #21
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
For AZW it's the same, in regards to un-infecting your books.
Thanks. I was a bit unsure from my various readings and do not have the opportunity to test it as I do not currently own a kindle.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #22
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Thanks. I was a bit unsure from my various readings and do not have the opportunity to test it as I do not currently own a kindle.
Amazon has two formats. TPZ (Topaz) has not be broken.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #23
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
if you download a sample from amazon, it will show .azw, or .azw1 or .azw2.

The ones with the 1 or 2 behind them are topaz, I believe.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:44 AM   #24
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
if you download a sample from amazon, it will show .azw, or .azw1 or .azw2.

The ones with the 1 or 2 behind them are topaz, I believe.

Ah, thanks DGM. I was just about to ask that question. You clearly are psychic!
Old 10-08-2009, 12:30 PM   #25
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ah, thanks DGM. I was just about to ask that question. You clearly are psychic!
and sometimes, psychotic!
Old 10-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #26
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, you can download the Kindle for iPhone app and read them. Used 2nd Gen iPod Touches are rather cheap right now.

However, the Topaz versions - which I've found are MOST OFTEN technical books, but some fiction comes in Topaz - run VERY SLOW on these devices.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #27
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
and sometimes, psychotic!
Which is why we all fear "THE STICK!"
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #28
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Which is why we all fear "THE STICK!"
As well you should.................
Old 10-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #29
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
This wasn't as difficult as I had imagined.

This may be of help to people like me with a good general understanding of computers, but not Python.

Basically once you have installed python the windows will associate .py files with it. So all you need to do is run the python script with the right parameters - in, out, PID. You can do it with a batch file, or at a command prompt.

To make the .py file it's really just as simple as finding the code and saving it with a .py extension. You don't want the code prefixed with numbers (grab the bottom section).
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:04 PM   #30
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halk View Post
This wasn't as difficult as I had imagined.
Yeah, it's really pretty easy. There are even versions floating around out there now with a GUI interface.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote