Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 04:54 AM   #1
daveps
daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
ePub Suppress Cover Page

Hi all,

Have tried searching for this but so far drawn a blank.

Is there anyway on outputting ePub's to suppress generating a cover page?

The .lit I am importing from has a cover image which shows in the meta data editor for the book, but I would like to generate the ePub without this image in. have tried the ignore first image in one of the settings pages but that didn't work, is there any other way I could (preferably globally), stop the generation of cover pages into my ePubs.

Thanks

Dave
daveps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:07 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
go to conversion tab in preferences and select
no default cover in epub output tab
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 05:20 AM   #3
daveps
daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Seriously, how the heck have I missed that option!

Have just done some reading up on that option and it seems that it stops generation of the Calibre style default cover if no cover page is embedded in the meta data, but will include it if there is a cover in the meta data. I was hoping for a do not put a cover on EVER option.

Last edited by daveps; 02-10-2010 at 05:26 AM.
daveps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:12 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveps View Post
Seriously, how the heck have I missed that option!

Have just done some reading up on that option and it seems that it stops generation of the Calibre style default cover if no cover page is embedded in the meta data, but will include it if there is a cover in the meta data. I was hoping for a do not put a cover on EVER option.
You want to strip the cover page from the conversion?

You can use Sigil to do this after you have converted.
You will have to export (Save to disk) the EPUB version.
Open it in Sigil and Modify and Save.
Then open Calibre Meta data editor and replace the EPUB (delete, then add)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote