Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #31
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, ADE
What I don't like about iBooks on the Mac (on Mavericks) is that it puts the cover image on the left, followed by whatever page comes after it. On the iPad, with my book you see the cover on the right side (in landscape mode, of course), then you turn the page and I have my frontispiece on the left, title page on the right -- on Mavericks, it gets all screwed up.

More specifically, this is how I designed my ebook, as it's viewed in two-page landscape mode on the iPad...

Cover [on right-hand page]
Frontispiece + Title Page
Dedication + Table of Contents
etc.

...but on the Mac it's like this...

Cover + Frontispiece
Title Page + Dedication
Table of Contents + First Chapter

which sucks! Has me wondering if I should design a version of my ebook specifically for viewing on the Mac, with an extra blank page after the cover image, just to put everything back into synch again. :/
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote