Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
goo
Edge User

GTD (Getting Things Done) on the Pocket Edge

Hi all, newbie here, so I might ask questions which seem like silly questions, but to a newbie they're not.

I bought a pocket Edge from the woot deal and am interested in using it to implement a getting things done system. Has anyone tried this using the native apps, the web browser (to access online gtd apps), and working android apps? If so, what have you found to be most effective? I guess these questions could apply to the ee also.... I don't know what the differences are between the two.

I realize people implement GTD systems differently. I'm just looking for ideas as to what's possible using the edge.

Thanks!

Old 05-06-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
Filark
Edge User

Hi Goo!

I had never heard of GTD before your post. Just looking it up superficially I would think the eDGe would be quite helpful, and will be interested to hear how your implementation goes.

I use mine for getting things done, but with no formal system.

Advert
Old 05-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #3
netrobot
Edge User

I have worked in the big corporate environment for more than twenty years, and I'm pretty sure there was always a blanket policy prohibiting GETTING THINGS DONE. Are you referring to the David Allen course/book(s)? If so, go Google, "GTD Android Apps" and start reading. Since the Edge is an Android system, you can very likely get the apps recommended to run on it.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #4
goo
Edge User

Thanks for the responses.

Yeah I'm referring to David Allen's system. I used to work in a large company and couldn't agree with you more re: the policy of NOT getting things done. lol

I wasn't sure how well Android apps would run on the PE, or whether the native apps are any good. I'm still poking around for info about what the apps can and can't do. I just found the online manual a few minutes ago, so that should help give me some perspective about the features of the apps. But if any GTD'ers have tips I'd be happy to hear them.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #5
obsessed2
Edge User

Many of the Apps discussed in the articles below should run on the Pocket Edge (Action Complete is one example). The articles will direct you to the Android Market which the PE does not have access to. However, most of the Apps can be found with a simple Google search or from the Amazon App Store (Action Complete and Upvise Pro (BOTH FREE) for example). Other good sources include Slideme.org and freewarelovers.com

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/tec...ne-part-1.html

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/tec...ne-part-2.html

Also, check out Thinking Space which can be downloaded FREE from the Entourage Store or directly from their website (newer version). Excellent program.

Here's some more info: http://www.thinkingspace.net/?q=node/8

Comments from the Android Market for Thinking Space: http://www.thinkingspace.net/?q=node/4

Last edited by obsessed2; 05-06-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Advert
Old 05-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
sarah11918
Edge User

We use a website called hiveminder.com to manage personal and group tasks. I don't believe there's an app for it, but it's designed to be used through the website or in conjunction with email/google calendar etc. So if you're always connected, you could consider one of these kinds of task-based web services to manage things.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #7
cheyennedonna
Edge User

I use Astrid combined with Producteev. That works for me.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
goo
Edge User

Thanks much for the tips and links. They're greatly appreciated!

Old 05-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #9
janhall_us
Edge User

I was also using Astrid with Producteev but have switched to Springpad. This keeps my notes, to-do lists, etc. synced between my EE, PE, and PC and even has an offline mode for Chrome. http://www.springpadit.com

Another very useful tool to keep data in sync is Syncness which can be found on the Amazon market. This allows you to sync to a NAS (or PC) so I have folders set up on my NAS that I want to appear on both my PE and EE and it keeps them in sync!