Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
ShellBelle
Banned
ShellBelle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
If Amazon ban my account..why can't I just de-register my Kindle & make a new one?

Hi,

I have been looking at various threads regarding people being banned from Amazon for whatever reason & saying their Kindle is now 'useless' as they cannot buy anymore ebooks..well, I ordered a Kindle 4 weeks ago, after lots of hassle & extremely bad customer service they finally sent a replacement Kindle, but alas, due to lack of communication between departments, they have also issued me a full refund for the Kindle, not realising a replacement had been sent..IF hypothetically I were to keep the Kindle, AND the refund, I'm assuming Amazon wouldn't be best pleased and would disable my Amazon account(means I wouldn't be able to buy ebooks for my new Kindle using that account, pretty pointless)then what's to stop me de-registering my Kindle from THAT account and creating a new one(with different card details, address details etc, obviously)to buy ebooks from? I don't need to hear that keeping the Kindle is 'wrong' blah blah, I just want to know if it is possible to de-register a kindle from a 'banned' account and create a new one where I can purchase ebooks.

Thanks
ShellBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellBelle View Post
Hi,

I have been looking at various threads regarding people being banned from Amazon for whatever reason & saying their Kindle is now 'useless' as they cannot buy anymore ebooks..well, I ordered a Kindle 4 weeks ago, after lots of hassle & extremely bad customer service they finally sent a replacement Kindle, but alas, due to lack of communication between departments, they have also issued me a full refund for the Kindle, not realising a replacement had been sent..IF hypothetically I were to keep the Kindle, AND the refund, I'm assuming Amazon wouldn't be best pleased and would disable my Amazon account(means I wouldn't be able to buy ebooks for my new Kindle using that account, pretty pointless)then what's to stop me de-registering my Kindle from THAT account and creating a new one(with different card details, address details etc, obviously)to buy ebooks from? I don't need to hear that keeping the Kindle is 'wrong' blah blah, I just want to know if it is possible to de-register a kindle from a 'banned' account and create a new one where I can purchase ebooks.

Thanks
Yes you can. It's no different than giving or selling your Kindle to someone. They would have to re-register the device.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
vermontcathy
Connoisseur
vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 11, PW5, Oasis
Amazon can "blacklist" the kindle's serial number so that you can't register it to ANY Amazon account.
vermontcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Bla bla bla. Sorry, I know you don't want to hear that but why make things complicated when they don't have to be?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermontcathy View Post
Amazon can "blacklist" the kindle's serial number so that you can't register it to ANY Amazon account.
Yes, that's what they do with stolen Kindles. Which the poster's would of course be were she dishonest enough not to sort things out with Amazon.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #6
ShellBelle
Banned

Thankyou. I'm not sure whether I will keep it or not but I just wanted to know if I had that option, as I suppose it would be pretty useless without access to the Amazon Kindle store. So which is it, can I re-register to another account, or will the serial number be blacklisted so I cannot create another account..? I have seen different answers all over the net.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
vermontcathy
Connoisseur
vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 11, PW5, Oasis
What do you mean, "Which is it?" Amazon has the capability, and has shown the willingness to, blacklist kindles. Will they do it in your case? No way of knowing. But I bet they will either blacklist it or re-charge your credit card on file for the kindle.
vermontcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #8
ShellBelle
Banned

Well the card is now cancelled so there is no way for them to charge me. I could always just upload pdf. docs onto the Kindle if I'm unable to purchase ebooks from Amazon. I download quite a few books from a torrent site which download as pdf's, could these be converted to Kindle format? I know a lot of people will say it's wrong to keep it, fair enough but at the end of the day the way I see it is Amazon are a multi-billionaire company, and one £100 Kindle is pennies to them. So please spare me the lectures.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
So please spare me the lectures
Unfortunately, the lectures come with the opinions... which you asked for.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
If you are looking for someone to validate your decision to keep the Kindle that you did not come to have legally, you have come to the wrong place. What you should do is call them up and explain the situation. You were willing to pay for it at first, so go ahead and do the right thing. Otherwise, don't come looking for advice on how to steal it without suffering repercussions when buying books FROM THE SAME COMPANY YOU ARE STEALING THE DEVICE FROM.

I never fail to be amazed at the level of moronity that people will post online for all the world to see.

Merry Christmas.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #11
ShellBelle
Banned

Nah, think I will just keep it, being Christmas and all! Can always upload books in another format if my account gets banned. I don't need anyone to validate whether what I'm doing is right or wrong, I simply asked whether a Kindle can be blacklisted, and I got the answer to that, so thanks!
Old 12-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #12
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Oh boy, another thread about "hypothetical" dishonesty! Except I guess it is no longer "hypothetical" as she has made the decision to be a thief, and is proud of it, "cause it's Christmas and all!"

Let the games begin!

Holly

Last edited by OakIris; 12-21-2010 at 12:08 PM.
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #13
lila55
Fanatic
lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360° , iPhone 5, PRS-650, Sony PRS-T2, Sony PRS-T3, Tolino
So you were asking here in fact how to best steal a Kindle or rather, how much risk is involved in stealing it? I am absolutely amazed.
lila55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:10 PM   #14
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I've heard Amazon can remotely turn on your WiFi and then send out a electronic herpes virus and there were 3 users in Mexico who did exactly what you are suggesting that are now really regretting it.

Anybody else hear that?
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #15
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
I've heard Amazon can remotely turn on your WiFi and then send out a electronic herpes virus and there were 3 users in Mexico who did exactly what you are suggesting that are now really regretting it.

Anybody else hear that?

I just hope someone from Amazon is reading this thread ... you need to be careful what you post online, even if you think you're posting stuff anonymously.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote