Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 11:18 AM   #31
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Any of you fans of the Fox (TV, not news) show "Sleepy Hollow?" I watched it last year and quite enjoyed it, though it came on at an inconvenient time so I missed some of it. As the new season is getting ready to kick off, Audible has a free promotion for the show: Tom Misen (from the show) reading Washington Irving's original "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow." Even though it's short I think this is great; I've been wanting to find a good version of this title and he has a great voice. I have no idea how long it will be free so if you're interested go here without delay.

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
Old 09-09-2014, 11:47 AM   #32
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
nice thanks...can't wait for the new season.

love his voice too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Any of you fans of the Fox (TV, not news) show "Sleepy Hollow?" I watched it last year and quite enjoyed it, though it came on at an inconvenient time so I missed some of it. As the new season is getting ready to kick off, Audible has a free promotion for the show: Tom Misen (from the show) reading Washington Irving's original "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow." Even though it's short I think this is great; I've been wanting to find a good version of this title and he has a great voice. I have no idea how long it will be free so if you're interested go here without delay.

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Advert
Old 09-10-2014, 03:04 AM   #33
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Weekly Downpour Deals
other Downpour Deals
Old 09-10-2014, 03:42 AM   #34
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Audible Win Win Sale - http://www.audible.com/mt/Win_Win_Sale

Quote:
Win on Price, Win on Selection! Choose from some of the most popular, top-rated books – just $4.95 each – across a variety of your favorite genres! The Win-Win Sale is exclusive to Audible members. Sale ends September 18, 2014 @ 11:59 PM ET (US).
Sale currently consists of 219 titles.

I'm a bit disappointed I was hoping for a spend x amount of credits get a voucher type sale, I have currently have 4 credit and a few titles I want but have been hanging back waiting for a promotion. is there any pattern to the deals?
Old 09-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #35
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Audible Win Win Sale - http://www.audible.com/mt/Win_Win_Sale

Sale currently consists of 219 titles.

I'm a bit disappointed I was hoping for a spend x amount of credits get a voucher type sale, I have currently have 4 credit and a few titles I want but have been hanging back waiting for a promotion. is there any pattern to the deals?
Thanks for the heads up.

The last few years, Audible has run those credit deals in April and November. I don't know if that trend will continue.
Advert
Old 09-12-2014, 02:30 PM   #36
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Downpour Weekend Spotlight
  • $3.95 - Tarzan of the Apes -- Edgar Rice Burroughs -- exp 14 Sep
  • $3.95 - The Return of Tarzan -- Edgar Rice Burroughs -- exp 14 Sep
Old 09-15-2014, 12:00 PM   #37
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
I hope I'm posting this in the correct page, since I'm not recommending any particular recording from the site (which offers many to choose from). Please move my post if it belongs in the other audiobooks thread.

FYI, today I ran across the website Telltale Weekly, described thusly:
Quote:
"Project Gutenberg is well known for offering free electronic versions of famous public-domain texts. Now Telltale Weekly wants to be its audiobook equivalent." - The New York Times
Here are the first several paragraphs from the site's Mission page:

Quote:
Mission – Press – Library Sales

Telltale Weekly is a provider of low cost, DRM-free audiobook downloads in MP3, Ogg Vorbis, and AAC formats. The project began with multiple weekly releases, but by 2005 the focus shifted to less-frequent, longer works (and making fun of the site name).

Most of the recordings for sale at Telltale will be released free via Spoken Alexandria and elsewhere within five years of release at Telltale, thus continually building and funding a free audiobook library. There’s also the occasional modern work which isn’t part of this eventually-free program, and then quite a few works that began free and will remain so. Hopefully they’re all labeled clearly enough to minimize confusion.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:37 PM   #38
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
I hope I'm posting this in the correct page, since I'm not recommending any particular recording from the site (which offers many to choose from). Please move my post if it belongs in the other audiobooks thread.

FYI, today I ran across the website Telltale Weekly, described thusly:

Here are the first several paragraphs from the site's Mission page:
Thanks for the info. These works are mostly public domain, so this discussion would be better in the Public Domain Audiobooks thread in the new forum.

I've added this website to the OP of that thread

I've seen this website in the past. It's quite old so I'm not sure how often they update it with new titles. Additionally, it's not that easy to navigate and I have no idea how many titles they have.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:03 AM   #39
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks for the info. These works are mostly public domain, so this discussion would be better in the Public Domain Audiobooks thread in the new forum.

I've added this website to the OP of that thread

I've seen this website in the past. It's quite old so I'm not sure how often they update it with new titles. Additionally, it's not that easy to navigate and I have no idea how many titles they have.
Thank you for posting the link in the correct place and for your assessment of the site.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:01 PM   #40
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There's a new short story freebie on Audible today. You can get "A Breach of Security" by Susan Hill by going here. I'm not familiar with the title or author, but it appears to be a thriller-type story.

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Old 09-19-2014, 12:04 PM   #41
skinmaan
Wizard

Random House Audio, on their Facebook site, has H.G. Wells' "The Time Machine," read by Sir Derek Jacobbi, free in honor of the author's birthday. I believe this is the same version that was offered on Sync earlier this year, so you may already have it. If you are interested, you can get the download here for the next 24 hours.

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Old 09-21-2014, 03:56 AM   #42
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Save 96 Cents on Audible's Audiobook Daily Deal Today

Audible's audiobook "daily deal" for today is The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells. The price is $1.95.

That's on the cheap side for a daily deal, but you can get it even cheaper--96 cents cheaper to be exact--by "buying" the ebook at http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Man-...+invisible+man for $0.00 and then buying the Whispersync for 99 cents.

The narrator is the same, so I'm assuming that the audio is the same as the daily deal's. If not, you still may want to get the 99 cent version to save 96 cents. Too, instead of getting the regular version you will be getting the Whispersync version, which has some features that you might find desirable.

Please don't spend all 96 cents, that you save, in one place. hahahaha

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 09-21-2014 at 05:02 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:22 AM   #43
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible - Two 30-Day Free Trial Offers from TWiT.tv
Quote:
Platinum Membership
Get your first 30 days of the AudibleListener Platinum membership plan free, which includes two audiobook credits. After your 30 day trial, your membership will automatically renew each month for just $22.95, billed to the credit card you used when you registered with Audible. With your membership, you will receive two credits per month plus members-only discounts on all audio purchases. If you cancel your membership before your free trial period is up, you will not be charged. Thereafter, cancel anytime, effective the next billing cycle. See the complete terms and policy applicable to Audible memberships.
Quote:
Gold Membership
Get an audiobook of your choice, free, with a 30-day trial. After the trial, your paid membership will begin at $14.95 per month. With your membership, you will receive one credit every month, good for any audiobook on Audible. Cancel anytime, effective the next monthly billing cycle. Cancel before your trial ends and you will not be charged. Check out the full terms and policies that apply to Audible membership.
I had the 3 month $1.95 CNET promo. Last week, I cancelled the day before I was to be charged full price. Immediately after cancelling that promo, I successfully signed up for the TWiT Platinum promo. I now have two free credits.

No expiration dates listed.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-24-2014 at 03:40 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:39 AM   #44
skinmaan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Audible - Two 30-Day Free Trial Offers from TWiT.tv
Looks like not everyone can be so lucky...

Quote:
Sorry, the monthly subscription with free trial is an offer for new customers only.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:55 AM   #45
Athens80
Connoisseur
Athens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Looks like not everyone can be so lucky...
Audible promotes this incentive for new customers through its sponsorships of many podcasts.
Closed Thread

Tags
audible