Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #16
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnfan View Post
I'm hoping that the Aura is successful so that the DX gets a refresh and a price drop. A PW DX at a reasonable price would be a dream come true.
I agree. Still love my DX (though the PW is getting a lot of use lately), but I probably wouldn't hesitate if Amazon produced a PW DX.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #17
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I really miss the size of my PRS950.
I would love a 7" or 8" version of the PW.
The new Kobo is tempting, but I like having 3g... and I am not keen into subscribing to a new ecosystem.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #18
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Well, the Fire might be going up in size:

Amazon Kindle Fire to go 10-inch (from CNET)

I like my 7 inch HD version, so this isn't really tempting me yet.
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #19
guitarizt
Connoisseur
guitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-T1; PW1; H2O
You've got to give it more time. It was only about 6 years ago that the first kindle was released. Colour e-ink is a long ways off, but it's going to be awesome when it gets here.

Most people are going to want a 6" reader so they'll have to stick with that size. For improvements in the future, to me it looks like Amazon is working on more page turns without a refresh. I'd imagine they'll be working on more even lighting and a higher resolution screen. Nothing too amazing especially since the PW is already practically there for most of our needs aesthetically.

The 11th gen Kindle probably won't be that much better than the PW compared to the PW to the original Kindle. Hardware is coming to the point where it's becoming adequate and groundbreaking changes will be hard to come by. They can always focus more attention to the software side of things which is where all the money is. In the future it'll be awesome when everyone can afford an ereader because they'll be cheaper than physical books.

Last edited by guitarizt; 05-04-2013 at 03:36 PM.
guitarizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #20
evanft
Zealot
evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
If I had to hazard a guess, I would say only if the screen was cheap enough to keep the same price point and it could fit in the current form factor. I doubt they would do it if it meant something as large and expensive as the Aura HD. For the most part, mainstream e-readers have been a race to the bottom over the last couple product cycles. Hitting the $100 or so price point has obviously been paramount to B&N and Amazon, and I really don't see that changing.
evanft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert