Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 03:35 AM   #226
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (10th gen), Kobo Libra 2, Onyx Leaf2 Black
kensey, the latest cr3runner version is signed with a test key that is available after installing jailbreak, installing developer keys is not required.

It's weird that it doesn't work out of the box. Try installing the jailbreak again.
CrazyCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #227
kensey
kensey knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kensey knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kensey knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kensey knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kensey knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kensey knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kensey knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kensey knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kensey knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kensey knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'kensey knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 4
Ok, I updated my kindle firmware to 4.1 (it was 4.0.1 before) and reapplied the jailbreak (this time rebooting through the diagnostics screen as recommended by the guide for 4.1).

Cool Reader works now. Thanks!
kensey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #228
noob8
noob8 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCoder View Post
Cool Reader 3 for Kindle Paperwhite and Touch.

1. Follow the instructions from Collections Manager. Ensure it works on your device.
2. Download and unpack cr3-kindle-2012-10-04.zip on Kindle. It's a base older version.
3. Download/clone GitHub repository.
4. From dist-kt folder copy all the files to Kindle (overwriting existing files).
5. Run Cool Reader from the shelf.

Sorry for asking a dumb question, but I really can't work out what I'm supposed to do to get Cool Reader on my new Kindle Paperwhite. All the instructions online seem to point to this one very short post, quoted above.

1. I have Collections Manager up and running, having jailbroken my Kindle PW.

2. I downloaded the base file cr3-kindle-2012-10-04.zip. I then connected my Kindle to my laptop as a USB device, navigated to the 'root' folder, which I believe is just the top level one containing all other folders (including, e.g. the 'documents' folder). Then I dragged the base zip file over to the Kindle root folder and double-clicked it. It unzipped on the Kindle, in the root folder.

3/4. I downloaded the file called 'CrazyCoder-coolreader-kindle-qt-52a8ccd.zip' to my laptop and unzipped it. I navigated to the 'dist-kt' folder. In a separate window on my laptop, I navigated to the folder on the Kindle called 'cr3-kindle-2012-10-04' (just created in step 2) and dragged everything from 'dist-kt' in one window into 'cr3-kindle-2012-10-04', clicking 'accept' whenever prompted to replace an existing folder of the same name.

5. "Run Cool Reader from the shelf." I'm afraid I just don't know what I'm being told to do here. Which shelf? What very obvious thing have I missed?

Last edited by noob8; 03-03-2013 at 12:40 PM. Reason: typo
noob8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #229
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob8 View Post
Sorry for asking a dumb question, but I really can't work out what I'm supposed to do to get Cool Reader on my new Kindle Paperwhite. All the instructions online seem to point to this one very short post, quoted above.

1. I have Collections Manager up and running, having jailbroken my Kindle PW.

2. I downloaded the base file cr3-kindle-2012-10-04.zip. I then connected my Kindle to my laptop as a USB device, navigated to the 'root' folder, which I believe is just the top level one containing all other folders (including, e.g. the 'documents' folder). Then I dragged the base zip file over to the Kindle root folder and double-clicked it. It unzipped on the Kindle, in the root folder.

3/4. I downloaded the file called 'CrazyCoder-coolreader-kindle-qt-52a8ccd.zip' to my laptop and unzipped it. I navigated to the 'dist-kt' folder. In a separate window on my laptop, I navigated to the folder on the Kindle called 'cr3-kindle-2012-10-04' (just created in step 2) and dragged everything from 'dist-kt' in one window into 'cr3-kindle-2012-10-04', clicking 'accept' whenever prompted to replace an existing folder of the same name.

5. "Run Cool Reader from the shelf." I'm afraid I just don't know what I'm being told to do here. Which shelf? What very obvious thing have I missed?
All the directories need to be placed in the root of the Kindle, not under cr3-kindle-2012-10-04 subdirectory.

So now you have /cr3-kindle-2012-10-04/cr3, /cr3-kindle-2012-10-04/qtKindle, /cr3-kindle-2012-10-04/usrapp directories while you need to have /cr3, /qtKindle, /usrapp.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #230
noob8
noob8 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCoder View Post
All the directories need to be placed in the root of the Kindle, not under cr3-kindle-2012-10-04 subdirectory.

So now you have /cr3-kindle-2012-10-04/cr3, /cr3-kindle-2012-10-04/qtKindle, /cr3-kindle-2012-10-04/usrapp directories while you need to have /cr3, /qtKindle, /usrapp.
Thanks for this, hopefully it gets me a little closer. In my root folder I now have these directories:

usrapp
qtKindle
launchpad
documents
cr3

I didn't replace the original 'documents' directory with the new one, since I didn't want to lose all my documents. I just dragged the cr3runner-3.0.azw2 file from /dist-kt/documents into the existing /documents directory, which hopefully amounts to the same thing.

I now get the Cool Reader icon (a book with the name in cursive font) in the main menu list of items on my Kindle. When I tap on it the screen goes black for a second, which seems promising, but then it goes right back to the menu. So it doesn't quite seem to be working still.

Any further thoughts on what's going wrong here are much appreciated.
noob8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #231
CrazyCoder
Zealot

Don't forget that you need all the base files from cr3-kindle-2012-10-04.zip copied to the root of the Kindle and then put on top files from dist-kt.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #232
Lobo1978
Lobo1978 began at the beginning.

Hi,

I try set command CMD_REFRESH for long tap, but there no reaction. Is this command working?

- in "keymaps.ini" I have:
Key_Sym = CMD_REFRESH

- in "touch.ini" I have this command for long press:
[4]
# refresh
4=0x01001103

But after long press in area "4" no update
Lobo1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #233
CrazyCoder
Zealot

CMD_REFRESH is very specific command and will not work if display buffer is not dirty. It was implemented long time ago when there were artifacts from the framework appearing on top. Now there are no artifacts and this command is obsolete, it will do nothing. Refresh is performed automatically when you turn the page.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #234
Lobo1978
Lobo1978 began at the beginning.

Thank you for explain
Lobo1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #235
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler
flowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheese

Device: plenty...
Hi, first let me thank you for the good work!

but I have a (small) problem - when I turn off my paperwhite by clicking the powerbutton while cr3 is running, and switch it back on I find myself 3-4 pages away from the last page I read.

bookmarks work fine, and turning cr3 off and on also works fine. it only happens when cr3 is running when sending the paperwhite to sleep.

I'm using the last version, and have installed the screensaver hack and collection manager.
thank you!
flowoeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #236
CrazyCoder
Zealot

I've never seen this problem on any of my devices, other users also didn't report it.

What file format do you read?
Old 03-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #237
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler
flowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheese

Device: plenty...
thank you for the fast response!
I'm reading epub files. it happens with every epub I testet. epubs are in a directory called epub witch is in the base directory (not my documents directory).

I used this jailbreak https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198446
then installed the screensaver hack
then I installed exactly as you described

fw is 5.3.4
kindle is a paperwhite wlan (bought in the us)

edit:
I just moved the epub directory into the documents directory
cr3 crashed when trying to start
so i made a hard reset (removed the number lock too from the device)

and now it seems to work perfectly.

edit2:
found it. it is the lockscreen. while i'm typing in my password cr3 is running in the background and reacts on my typing on the screen.

Last edited by flowoeB; 03-24-2013 at 12:37 PM.
flowoeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #238
CrazyCoder
Zealot

Thanks for the details, indeed, I've never tested in the configuration with lockscreen.
Not sure if there is an easy way to fix this problem.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #239
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hmm.. that's a good one.

I think we ALL need to consider that as a real problem and not just for CR...

perhaps there is a logstate that could be parsed or something horrific like that...
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #240
sk8terek
sk8terek began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
It would be great if you implement better hyphenation algorithm. For instance one from Duokan or this (used in LibreOffice and Indesign) - http://sourceforge.net/projects/hunspell/ .
sk8terek is offline   Reply With Quote