Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 07-03-2007, 03:41 PM   #1
Anais9000
Connoisseur
Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-500
McCulley, Johnston: The Mark of Zorro. v1. 3 July 07

1919 A Californian Robin Hood -- striking blow after blow for justice, against those who exploit the weak, poor and oppressed -- is the secret alter-ego of effete, blundering lover, Don Diego Vega.

Why another version? (see McCulley, Johnston: Zorro - The Curse of Capistrano) Because it's a shame that anyone should read nonsense like this...

So Don Diego went from the house and walked slowly up thought of coming to combat with such a man.

But he was cold courtesy itself when Don Diego was ushered into the comandante's office.

Don Diego bowed in answer, and the chair Ramon indicated.

--------------------------------------------------------------

...instead of what McCulley wrote:

So Don Diego went from the house and walked slowly up the hill toward the presidio building. Captain Ramón observed his approach, and wondered at it, and snarled at the thought of coming to combat with such a man.

But he was cold courtesy itself when Don Diego was ushered into the comandante's office.

"I am proud to know you have visited me here," he said, bowing low before the scion of the Vegas.

Don Diego bowed in answer, and took the chair Ramón indicated.
Anais9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:59 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hey, Anais9000, thanks for the upload! I'm a bit confused though. Do you mean to say that the earlier version has that rather ... significant transcription error in it? I downloaded the earlier one when it was posted, but haven't gotten to it on my reading list, or I'd probably know the answer already.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2007, 11:22 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I posted the earlier version and lacking an original to verify the electronic text against I must admit that I left it as I found it. In my defense, it was one of the first books that I did convert and we have all learned a great deal since then.

I am glad that Anais9000 has a better version of the book and that he has shared it with us. It is a great tale of the old California mission days.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:08 PM   #4
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Just found this! Thanks, I'm looking forward to checking it out!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote