Have one but don't often use it because I prefer a lamp 2 1.77%
Have one but don't often use it because it hurts my eyes 2 1.77%
Have one but don't often use it because of color or light unevenness 0 0%
Other or combination of above 9 7.96%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
What is your main use for your front light

Just curious
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I don't have one, but I really, really want one
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
My what, now? My front porch light? I use it for seeing who's on my porch after dark.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I got my Aura HD when they first came out and I've used the light twice (maybe three times).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
BadBilly
Nodding at stupid things
BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, OnePlus 6, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, iPad Mini 2, PC
You left out a choice in the poll: For feeling smugly superior, knowing that everyone wants one even if they say they don't.
BadBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBilly View Post
You left out a choice in the poll: For feeling smugly superior, knowing that everyone wants one even if they say they don't.
Dammit I knew that would happen.

Helen
Old 09-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
speakingtohe
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
My what, now? My front porch light? I use it for seeing who's on my porch after dark.
Did you break your infrared video cam? Mine is starting to make ominous whirring noises when my mother shows up.

Helen
Old 09-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #8
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Mine is always on - most of the time I am reading in medium-to-low ambient light, so I use it to make the pages to appear brighter, but it is very convenient when the lighting gets dim and I don't have to get up and turn a light on.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Hmm I chose other. I leave mine set at 8 at all times. It works in all lighting conditions. I mainly read in the dark but sometimes I read in a normal setting.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #10
WashWest
Enthusiast
WashWest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WashWest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WashWest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WashWest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WashWest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WashWest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WashWest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WashWest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WashWest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WashWest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WashWest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindly Paperwhite, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Mine is always on - most of the time I am reading in medium-to-low ambient light, so I use it to make the pages to appear brighter, but it is very convenient when the lighting gets dim and I don't have to get up and turn a light on.
Same here. I book the Nook Glowlight to read in bed at night, but I end up turning on the light almost all the time.
WashWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #11
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Did you break your infrared video cam? Mine is starting to make ominous whirring noises when my mother shows up.

Helen
My front porch light has a 'mother detector'....similar to a motion detector however this one turns the light off when it detects my mother!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #12
speakingtohe
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
My front porch light has a 'mother detector'....similar to a motion detector however this one turns the light off when it detects my mother!
All I can say is WOW!!! I'm impressed.

Helen
Old 09-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #13
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
For me this is "To read in the dark or under dim light".
I have used the light every evening I was reading on the Kobo Aura HD since I bought it (mid-May). That means every evening, minus a dozen when I was out or too tired to read.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #14
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
All I can say is WOW!!! I'm impressed.

Helen
I know...kind of extreme . But the moat, pirahna, land mines, garlic and crucifixes don't seem to faze her!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #15
speakingtohe
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
I know...kind of extreme . But the moat, pirahna, land mines, garlic and crucifixes don't seem to faze her!
Hmmm... The spotlights and sirens approach would have worked, but being weak of will I succumbed to the scared rabbit look in her eyes and let her in. The big drawback to video cams I guess.