Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 12:06 AM   #1
Jcas
Zealot
Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle PW2,Kindle DXG,iPhone 4
Is this normal??

I just got my DXG,after charging it the first time i let it go to sleep on waking it up i noticed slight shadows of the screen saver image on blank parts of the home page, as soon as i go into a book it disappears and the text is lovely, but it's just that even after turning it off, i can see the slight shadows of the last thing that was on screen, but as i said as soon as i put something else on the screen it isn't visible at all.

What do you think???

36 views and no suggestions, i think maybe i haven't explained it very good.
When i power off the DX i can still see a very faint shadow of the last thing that was on screen before powering off, it doesn't affect the reading at all, as it is fine when i open a book.

I am just wondering if it is a fault or not.

Last edited by Jcas; 11-30-2010 at 02:38 AM.
Jcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:48 AM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
No it is very normal with eink devices. It has happened with all that I've owned (Sony 600, Kindle 2i, Kindle 3G and PocketBook 360). It can be mildly annoying when you first notice it but very normal.

It only becomes not normal if you can see the "residue" from several screens at once. That's not a good sign.

I think you can press ALT and G to force a refresh of your screen.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:07 AM   #3
Jcas
Zealot
Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Thanks for the reply and the info, I wasn't sure as it is lovely to read with, but i was just puzzled that i seen this ghosting when i power it off.

Nice to know i don't have to worry about it. I only got it yesterday and so far i'm loving it.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:17 AM   #4
enkov
Advanced Dunno
enkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 7 + Paperwhite 2013
Yes, mine is K2 and I got ghosting often, just alt+G or prev then next page and it is OK.

I think this is due to the some kind of the overdrive technology. Without it the refresh will be so slow (as was in the first e-Ink displays).
enkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
Jcas
Zealot

Thanks guys that makes me feel heaps better
Old 11-30-2010, 03:18 PM   #6
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Oddly, I have almost never seen this on my K1 (or my husband's). Once in a blue moon, when it has been in USB mode, I can see a ghost of that screen until I change screens again. I wonder if it is a controller difference?
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:38 AM   #7
Jcas
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Oddly, I have almost never seen this on my K1 (or my husband's). Once in a blue moon, when it has been in USB mode, I can see a ghost of that screen until I change screens again. I wonder if it is a controller difference?
I also have a K3 and never seen it on that either, that's why i panicked a bit ..