Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: tlhIngan Hol Dayaj'a'?
HIja'! tlhIngan jIHbe', 'ach, tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhtaH. 1 14.29%
ghobe'. tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhbe', 'ach mu'tlhegh vIyaj... nuq? 0 0%
ghobe', 'ach mughwI' vISov, vaj vIyaj. :-) 2 28.57%
...the Hell did I just read? 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2014, 08:50 AM   #1
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
tlhIngan Hol DalaDlaH'a' ?

toH.
tlhIngan Hol vIghojtaH. vIqeq vIneHqu'!.
'ach, 'Iv tlhIngan Hol jatlh? puS.
Do'Ha'...

DajatlhlaH'a'? yI'ang'egh!

Last edited by Cyberman tM; 02-28-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:51 AM   #2
Nabodita
Connoisseur
Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle Fire, iPad
Huh?
Nabodita is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2014, 10:04 AM   #3
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:25 PM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
look! there's fuzz in my belly button!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:50 PM   #5
Nabodita
Connoisseur
Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.Nabodita has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle Fire, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
look! there's fuzz in my belly button!

And again: Huh?
Nabodita is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2014, 04:54 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
SochHu' rInpu'DI' DIvI' lopno', ghoHtaHvIS 'eSSIm ghaH je 'IHbe'. lut rap ja'taHmo' Mahoun, 'eSSIm moghmoHchu'. 'eSSIm belmoHmeH Hoch De' Sovbogh jatlhtaH, 'ach De' ngeb 'oghpu'be' DaH 'e' Sov 'eSSIm. not choHpu' Mahoun lut. Daj. HeghvIpba'taHvIS nepchoHbe'pu'. toDuj Segh 'ang. tlhIngan yu'wI' SIQpu' Mahoun. 'eSSIm qIHDI' Hajmo' vulchoH. De' neHbogh 'eSSIm loylaHba'. 'ach neppa' Heghrup. pay' pur 'eSSIm. jaS yoH Mahoun, 'ach yoH. tlhIngan retlhDaq QammeH yoHnIS. 'eSSIm voqchoHpu'. vItpu'. 'ej HoH 'e' nID 'eSSIm.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #7
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
ghotvam'e' maw'.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:43 PM   #8
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
jIyIntaHvIS not qajegh

Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam. Especially after that.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:48 PM   #9
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

'oH mIgh.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:00 PM   #10
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
HIja', pagh batlh vIghaj!
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #11
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Heck... Can I change my vote to
Quote:
ghobe', 'ach mughwI' vISov, vaj vIyaj. :-)
from
Quote:
...the Hell did I just read?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:50 PM   #12
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabodita View Post
Huh?
nuq?
tlhIngan Hol wIjatlhchuq vIneH. :-)
(tlhIngan Hol vIghoj vIneH. pIj mughwI' vIlo'nIS...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!
tlhIngan maH!
(Human jIH, ghaH vIsovbe' :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
SochHu' rInpu'DI' DIvI' lopno', ghoHtaHvIS 'eSSIm ghaH je 'IHbe'. lut rap ja'taHmo' Mahoun, 'eSSIm moghmoHchu'. 'eSSIm belmoHmeH Hoch De' Sovbogh jatlhtaH, 'ach De' ngeb 'oghpu'be' DaH 'e' Sov 'eSSIm. not choHpu' Mahoun lut. Daj. HeghvIpba'taHvIS nepchoHbe'pu'. toDuj Segh 'ang. tlhIngan yu'wI' SIQpu' Mahoun. 'eSSIm qIHDI' Hajmo' vulchoH. De' neHbogh 'eSSIm loylaHba'. 'ach neppa' Heghrup. pay' pur 'eSSIm. jaS yoH Mahoun, 'ach yoH. tlhIngan retlhDaq QammeH yoHnIS. 'eSSIm voqchoHpu'. vItpu'. 'ej HoH 'e' nID 'eSSIm.
majQa'!
'ach, DaghItlhbe' qar'a'?
'a, lutvetlh vIlaDlaHbe' :-( Qatlhqu'. mu' nqIq vIlaDlaH, chaq mu'tlegh vImughlaH...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
ghotvam'e' maw'.
ghobe'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
jIyIntaHvIS not qajegh

Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam. Especially after that.
qatlh?
QoQ Dapar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
'oH mIgh.
teH lut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
HIja', pagh batlh vIghaj!
'e' Dajatlh DangIl?
naDev Hoch batlh lughaj !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Heck... Can I change my vote to
Quote:
ghobe', 'ach mughwI' vISov, vaj vIyaj. :-)
from
Quote:
...the Hell did I just read?
'e' vISovbe'.
woQ DatlhobnIS.

-----

Damn, I didn't expect a response like that. Great, and humbling, as it took me far too long to understand you guys and write an appropiate response (no doubt riddled with mistakes).

mu'tay' vIghojnIS, 'ach Dalqu'...
Old 03-01-2014, 11:08 PM   #13
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I don't understand any of it at all, I just pasted from a random internet page -- before I figured out the language!

Quote:
...the Hell did I just say?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:10 AM   #14
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
I don't understand any of it at all, I just pasted from a random internet page -- before I figured out the language!
Here's the Bing translation:

Quote:
sochhu' opposing the Federation Party, he had to argue with the beautiful and 'essim. the story of the same report indicates that there are no mahoun, 'essim frustrated. 'essim pleasure to know News says, but now I do not invent False Information Knowledge 'essim. the story never mahoun Snickers from the audience. interesting. Of course, I would need is to die with a lie no more. courage Type. the Klingons demanded RECIPIENT mahoun. When you meet 'essim because I Feared unconscious. You will only be able to guess the news 'essim. but I dare to die there. suddenly inhale 'essim. brave mahoun differently, but brave. in the area the Klingons to be brave Stands. 'essim trust. being told the truth. and strive to Kill 'essim.
It seems to lack honor.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:59 AM   #15
Cyberman tM
Evangelist

Quote:
I thought as much, when I repeatedly failed at translating it, later I realized that parts of it are names, and the text doesn't really fit into this thread, so I searched the web for it :-)
Still, it's a nice idea.

As for a translation - I'm quite sure that the Bing translation is faulty. That's not to say I could translate it with doubtlessness either, as I said I have to learn much more vocabulary, having to look up every other word isn't easy.
Texts with proper names that are indistinguishable from words aren't easy either...

The first sentence:

SochHu' rInpu'DI' DIvI' lopno', ghoHtaHvIS 'eSSIm ghaH je 'IHbe'.

I would translate it as

Seven days ago, when the federation party ended, while he and essim were having an ugly dispute.

(Unless 'IHbe' is a name, in which case he and essim would be arguing with 'IHbe')

lut rap ja'taHmo' Mahoun, 'eSSIm moghmoHchu'.
could be
Essim gets frustrated because Mahoun tells the same story.

I just tried the Bing translator as well - it's rather useless if you ask me. Unless you already know the words, it's going to mislead you - it translates "ja' " correctly as "tell", but "ja'taH" (continuous form) as "grunt"...
Unfortunately there isn't really a good automated translator available...