Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-03-2014, 04:47 AM   #91
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Made a start at extending the index structure to include PW1, PW2, KT2 and KV
Too late at night or too early in the morning to figure out how to change our header macro, so just used some placeholder text.

Edit:
The new model index pages are ready (except for the tag images, I'll fix those later, RSN).

Last edited by knc1; 12-03-2014 at 08:33 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:52 AM   #92
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
@NiLuJe: Would you please edit the top post section of indexes by topic to include the new PW2, KT2 and KV pages?
I added a PW2 - just because it is diverging from the K5 enough to confuse the new reader.
I added a PW1 to the master index, but only to hold a reference to the K5 index.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2014, 10:12 AM   #93
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@knc1: Done, thanks .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:36 PM   #94
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did some minor dusting off of the first post, if anyone catches something weird, fire away .
Old 02-08-2016, 06:56 PM   #95
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Did some minor dusting off of the first post, if anyone catches something weird, fire away .
Digital dust, or bit rot?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2016, 06:58 PM   #96
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Updates of relevance to firmware 5.6.5 -- particularly a link to Branch Delay's new jailbreak entry point.

But you could always cheat and use mod powers to see the post history -- oh wait, it's your post anyway.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:13 PM   #97
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@eschwartz: Waaaayy offtopic: is the post history feature supposed to be accessible from somewhere in the UI? Because if it is, I'm not seeing it ;p.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:30 PM   #98
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Updates of relevance to firmware 5.6.5 -- particularly a link to Branch Delay's new jailbreak entry point.

But you could always cheat and use mod powers to see the post history -- oh wait, it's your post anyway.
Could you please give me such "mod powers" so I can follow your advice? I promise to behave.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:47 PM   #99
geekmaster

I see that your "post history" link actually works for me, but I can only view history on my own threads.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-08-2016 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:14 PM   #100
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
@NiLuJe, the "Last edited by ____" at the bottom of any edited post gives the poster+mods access to post history.

@geekmaster, I thought you were a mod for some reason, but I guess I was thinking of twobob? All I did was ask @Alex.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:01 PM   #101
geekmaster

Not being a mod contributed greatly to my devoting the bulk of my time at other (non-ebook) forums (where I learned to laugh at trolls instead of feeling a need to defend myself anymore).
Old 02-08-2016, 11:19 PM   #102
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@eschwartz: Huh, that was sneaky, thanks .
Old 03-23-2016, 05:50 PM   #103
geekmaster

I tried editting the Master Index wiki to replace a dead URL with an archived copy at archive.org, but it would not let me login. Also, I tried a password reset using a temporary password emailed to me, but that gives me this error message:

"There seems to be a problem with your login session; this action has been canceled as a precaution against session hijacking. Go back to the previous page, reload that page and then try again."

I ended up doing the edit anonymously. What's up with the wiki login FUBAR? I am sure my password was correct, but the temporary password login is messed up too. At least anonynous edits are still allowed.

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-23-2016 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:28 PM   #104
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@geekmaster: It's okay on my end :?.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:54 PM   #105
geekmaster

I even disabled Privacy Badger and AdBlock Plus for the wiki page, but I still go that error trying to login with the temporary password (which forces me to change my real password). I tried multiple times, hours apart. I may try a different web browser later, but the edit I wanted is done. When I find dead links, I like to replace them with working links. I did that in an old forum post today too. Not sure why my KNOWN original wiki password is not working, nor a temporary password via email (which logs in, but fails on the mandatory password change attempt).

Tags
hacks, index, tutorials, wiki