Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-15-2007, 07:22 AM   #1
ITIetalhead
Member Retired
ITIetalhead began at the beginning.

Device: Sprint Mogul
Question about illiad....

I like pretty much everything about this (except for the price, of course) but only two things really concern me, the UI and the loading times although I know that there trying to speed that up with later releases. The UI of the sony reader is one thing that I do like about the sony though because you can look at books under the author as well as other options but the author option is what concerns me the most because I am going to put a lot of books on it. Is there a way to do this on the Illiad?

Also, I know that you can put rss feeds on the illiad and thats what the 'news' button is for but does it also catagorize the site that you got each feed from...? And does anyone know if there are more digitized newspapers or magazines that are in development and would soon be able to put on the illiad like the one they have now but not from europe, popluar ones like newsday ect.

Last edited by ITIetalhead; 11-15-2007 at 07:26 AM.
ITIetalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:48 AM   #2
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
On the iLiad, you can create folders and subfolders. I've created a subfolder in the "Books" folder (directory) for each author.

I don't use rss on my iLiad, so I can't answer your other question.

I would say, however, that the boot time (about 40 seconds) is unlikely to change. I've found that it doesn't bother me most of the time, except when I want to write a quick note. I wish it could be sped up (or some kind of "sleep" mode was built in) but that's a limitation of the current hardware. The iLiad was still the best choice for me, because I use the note-taking feature a lot (including on PDFs) and the active developer community is important to me. Those aren't available on any other platform. You need to think about what your needs are and make a decision that best fits your needs, knowing that no device is perfect.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2007, 11:42 PM   #3
devils.master
devils.master began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia
But guys what is iliad i know nothing about it.
devils.master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:07 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by devils.master View Post
But guys what is iliad i know nothing about it.
Check the wiki for the iRex iLiad. Also there is a full forum devoted to the iLiad that you can read.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote