Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 03:11 AM   #391
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
I just noticed that Wool is the feature book on this months ABC The Book Club tv show the episode will air on Tuesday 5th March and is usually available for streaming on the Iview website the day after
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/firsttuesday/
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:02 AM   #392
hughhowey
Enthusiast
hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
I just noticed that Wool is the feature book on this months ABC The Book Club tv show the episode will air on Tuesday 5th March and is usually available for streaming on the Iview website the day after
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/firsttuesday/
That's crazy! Thanks for posting this. I had no idea.
hughhowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #393
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Well I finished Third Shift (would have been in one sitting but the kids bugged me a little towards the end).

Really really enjoyed it.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #394
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughhowey View Post
That's crazy! Thanks for posting this. I had no idea.
No problem Personally I felt that they could have spent a bit more time with it. It felt like some of the panel were keen to discuss further it's unique publishing history but instead they moved forward to discuss the other book. I always find the show not quite long enough they skimp on the bits that I'm interested in and drag out the segments that I'm not. Still good to see Wool out there being read and promoted They only cover approx 20 books a year and scifi or fantasy rarely got a look in
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #395
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Shift Omnibus has been on my to-read list for a while now... was originally planning to read it right after Wool, but life intervened. Saw that it dropped in price yesterday, so I grabbed it while it was hot! Thanks Hugh! Now it's DEFINITELY on my soon-to-read list. As soon as I finish the tedious book that I'm working on. :-)
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #396
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
I got my wife to read the series and she's working her way through the omnibus now.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #397
hughhowey
Enthusiast
hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
This thread is like a time capsule. It starts with people wondering what in the world this oddly named series is all about, and now look at this:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...088305668.html

It doesn't feel real.

There's video as well:

http://www.hughhowey.com/4-the-wall-street-journal/
hughhowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #398
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Add me to the happy pile.

I just finished Wool (1-5); looking forward to reading the rest of your books, Hugh.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #399
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
This thread is like a time capsule. It starts with people wondering what in the world this oddly named series is all about, and now look at this:

It doesn't feel real.

There's video as well:

Watched this off your twitter feed...you sir, are a self publishing super-hero, even took the time to answer some questions for a nobody's blog mine! Class act man, enjoyed what you've put out!

Just goes to show, if it's good, it WILL get read!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #400
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool oddly named series

Quote:

It doesn't feel real.

There's video as well:

WoW!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #401
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
All is well deserved for Mr. Howey!

I loved Wool so I bought the Shift Omnibus as well as the first Molly Fyde book. Great writer and I love that the ebooks are all inexpensive and DRM-Free.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #402
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Here is the trailer for Wool. If this doesn't get you to read Wool, nothing will.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-13-2013 at 01:05 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #403
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
WOW!!!!

that was fantastic!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #404
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
WOW!!!!

that was fantastic!
Still is.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #405
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Just got a notification from ereaderiq that the omnibus edition just dropped to $3.99 on Amazon. I'm gonna pick it up.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote