Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
R.J. Pineiro
R.J. Pineiro began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Greetings from bestselling author R.J. Pineiro

Hello, everyone.

I wanted to introduce myself and my new Kindle-exclusive novel MELTDOWN, a global climate thriller that explores the threat-multiplier danger of eco-terrorism in a warming world. Living the ecofriendly brand, I've chosen to publish this work paperless on Amazon's Kindle.

In the story, reknown global climate scientists Natasha Shakiva and Konrad Malone join forces with Erika Baxter from the Department of Defence's new Global Climate Counerterrorism Unit to combat Eco-Terrorist Dragan Kiersted, who is committed to destroy the world by accelerating the effects of global warming with frightening acts of ecological terrorism.

I receive and reply to emails at author@rjpineiro.com

Cheers,

--R.J.
R.J. Pineiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #2
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Sounds interesting, but I have a Sony, not a Kindle. I guess that means I can't read it?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Welcome, RJ. You should be warned that most of the members here at MR read on other digital devices, so you might get a lot more comments like ficbot's. The epub format can be read on all other devices (and is a favorite to win the format wars), so you might consider publishing your book as an epub as well. You'll find plenty of information about how to do it right here at MobileRead.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, R.J. Pineiro. We love to support author members who participate in our forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Sounds interesting, but I have a Sony, not a Kindle. I guess that means I can't read it?
I also have a Sony. Will you be offering your work in other formats? We are an international forum of many devices and not all of us are able to purchase and use the Kindle format on our Readers.

Smashwords.com is a site that makes it easy for authors to offer their work in multiple formats and allows international customers to download your books. Please let us know when you decide to offer your book in additional formats.

Join in the discussions on the forums and ask questions if you would like to know anything. There are many friendly members and author members who will jump in and help or point you in the right direction.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:59 AM   #5
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
I'll throw another comment out here saying that limiting to just the Kindle means limiting your potential market. I, my wife, my brother, and both parents all have ebook devices, but none of us have (or ever will have) a Kindle.

Definitely look into releasing your book in the epub format. You'll have a MUCH wider audience.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2009, 09:48 AM   #6
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR. Story sounds interesting, but as it's kindle exclusive I won't be able to read it either
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:31 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi R.J. and welcome to MobileRead. As you can see, we are not shy about expressing our opinions.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote