Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Book Title Search ?

I am confused and curious ?

I was just checking to see if I already had a book entitled
Deadly Stillwater
in my library.

I clicked on the icon at the top that looks like a pair of binoculars (?), entered the word
deadly
into the Title: box and clicked OK.

The only book found was
One Deadly Sister

So I tried to Add
Deadly Stillwater
only to be told I already had it ?

On entering
Deadly Stillwater
sure enough there it was.

On checking further I found I had to enter at least the partial title
Deadly St
for it to be found.

My question is, as Calibre found
One Deadly Sister
just from the partial title
deadly

why didn't it also find
Deadly Stillwater

?
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Title Box?
Type Deadly into the search box, then tap Enter or click the 'Go' icon
Also, the search has 2 modes (controlled by the button with Bars/Bars bend sinister)
pick the Not Bars an all results will show
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
oops !

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Title Box?
Type Deadly into the search box, then tap Enter or click the 'Go' icon
Also, the search has 2 modes (controlled by the button with Bars/Bars bend sinister)
pick the Not Bars an all results will show
Just got it thanks.

Get a bit of information overload with all the different buttons.

(I was talking about the Advanced Search page)
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote