Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #61
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
There are only two that I've installed recently (iTunes and Roboform) and the crashes seem to have started subsequent to that. I shut both those down and I'm embarrassed to say I have no idea if either could have been causing the crashes or if it's just a coincidence. I'll try your suggestion today, though and thank you.
IIRC Roboform has been mentioned in times past
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #62
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Thanks, ducks. I went ahead and did a complete uninstall since it didn't work with my browser anyway.

Hopefully that will solve my crash problems.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #63
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Just wondering how you shut down RoboForm w/o uninstalling it entirely?

It doesn't' appear to run as a service. The only portion of it that shows up in task manager is the taskbar item. My guess is that piece should be fairly innocuous. The rest of RF seems to be implemented as plug-ins for the browsers (IE, FF, Chrome).

Has anyone been able to indite or clear RF as a suspect?

Are the any other apps, drivers, add-ins, etc. that have been identified as culprits?

Thanks,

CL
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #64
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I googled and found this (right here at mobileread!!!)...

Quote:
Ok a little bit more. Roboform tries to attach itself to windows programs when they open. This seems to be the problem causing Calibre to shut down. Inside options in Roboform there is a section called Application Integration. Inside this section you can have Roboform automatically attach to Windows Applications. Also you can set up a black list of programs you don't want to automatically attach to Roboform. I put Calibre in the black list section so Roboform wouldn't try and attach to it. It seems to have fixed my shut down problems when converting with Calibre. Again I have done reboots to make sure the problem is repeteable and fixable with what I've done.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...90&postcount=8
Old 11-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #65
Ptaker
Enthusiast
Ptaker began at the beginning.

Device: K3 Wifi No Ads/K4 Wifi ads
I have Roboform too. I will try the solution and let you know. It is on my computer and laptop too.
Bob
Ptaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #66
DianNC
Banned

I've been editing metadata in Calibre for a couple of hours now and it's working perfectly (no crashes...yay). In my case, it was obviously the recently installed Roboform causing my problems.

What's really embarrassing is the Roboform issue and the solution is clearly described in the Calibre Manual FAQ's...gulp.

If Kovid is rolling his eyes at my posts, I can't say I would blame him lol.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #67
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
In all fairness, Roboform was only identified in the last few weeks as an issue. See this post
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #68
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
Works here too!

Told RF to exclude C and that fixed it.

Great info.

Thanks
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #69
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Roboform has a history of "interfering" with other software - Nuance voice to text and one of the big league OCR programs come to mind. My ex-employer (a very large global bank) got rid of it about 10 years ago - the IT auditors regarded it as a security threat :lol:
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:48 AM   #70
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
must only be the latest roboform. I have an older version - version 6 -and it's never messed with calibre. never saw the need to pay again for more bells & whistles
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:03 AM   #71
KlausRegenbrecht
Connoisseur
KlausRegenbrecht began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
And Roboform was just the thing with me and my calibre! Now everything is running accurate!

Thanks - Klaus
KlausRegenbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #72
robin58
Enthusiast
robin58 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
must only be the latest roboform. I have an older version - version 6 -and it's never messed with calibre. never saw the need to pay again for more bells & whistles
I'd never noticed before you mentioned that about the different RF versions. One computer I've never bothered to update RF on and it's still running version 6. Calibre never crashes on that computer. On my other one which always has RF updated, Calibre has been problematic occasionally which I had figured to be a font issue I couldn't track down.

In the past I've found RF to be pretty prompt in addressing reported crash issues and conflicts. Usually they have sent me beta versions to test within 48 hours to see if it cures it. I've filled out a support ticket so we'll see if they respond.

Last edited by robin58; 11-14-2012 at 05:39 PM.
robin58 is offline   Reply With Quote